jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Someone is trying to get my Hubs taken off

1. formerbronxboy profile image60
    formerbronxboyposted 6 years ago

Dear Anyone,

I have written only a few Hubs, and they were published for a month or so. Suddenly three Hubs were arenow unpublished for different reasons.

One I understand because half of a womans breast was shown. I changed the pic, and it is still unpublished.

One had the same problem becaude a womans panties were said to be see-through. I never noticed this, until I got out my magnifying glass. I changed the pic to a face shot, and it still unpublished.

The third was taken off because of content. There is no cursing, and was written as humor (as anyone can see).

Why is this happening; and how do I or Hub fix it? My few Hubs have over 1,000 hits.

1. psycheskinner profile image81
      psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I doubt it is any kind of personal campaign.  There are lots of threads here about the new effort to get hubs in compliance with Google Adsense requirements.  I would suggest reading through them.

2. Reality Bytes profile image94
      Reality Bytesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you have fixed the hubs email team@hubpages.com and have them look over the hubs.  If they are compliant with the rules admin will republish.

2. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

There are strict content rules on Hubpages, just be careful to stick to content that could not be misconstrued.

3. sabrebIade profile image85
    sabrebIadeposted 6 years ago

It's very easy to get paranoid about something like that.
    But I have heard of multiple Hubs being unpublished today from a few people, so it's not just you. 
    Slow down, e-mail the HP team and see what is going on.

4. Maddie Ruud profile image82
    Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago

You know, you can email us (just reply to the email you received notifying you your hub had been moderated) if you have any questions about why a hub was taken down.

Also, hubs do not magically republish themselves when you make changes to them.  You need to submit them for review, using the button on the hubs themselves, when you've made the appropriate changes.

1. sabrebIade profile image85
      sabrebIadeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I didn't get an e-mail.
      I just noticed it, (It's my third highest traffic Hub today so it kinda stood out) went in and did the "please review the FAQ, ask for clarification in the forum, or contact us before submitting your hub for review" and sent an e-mail via "contact us".
      Was I supposed to get an e-mail from HP saying the Hub was unpublished?

2. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for this. I'd emailed team a couple of hours ago, but have now gone back and hit the submit for publication button on my removed (and now edited) hub.
      I didn't see that button before you posted this.

5. leeberttea profile image59
    leebertteaposted 6 years ago

Don't worry! Obama now has the power to shut off the internet for 4 months at his sole discretion! Welcom to the democrats New World Order! Kumbaya Kumbaya!

1. psycheskinner profile image81
      psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Um, okay dude.  Way to be on topic.