jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

need your opinion

1. 0
    kellieshellposted 6 years ago

not only am i new to the hub pages but i also am new to writing. i would like some advise on how to better myself and the things i write about. please help me out

2. Ohma profile image80
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

Very insightful and your daughters opinion is great.
    I would recommend breaking the wedding story into more text capsules it is a little difficult to read but has the makings of an interesting story,
    Welcome to HubPages.

3. AEvans profile image74
    AEvansposted 6 years ago

The HUb " Animal Abuse and Neglect" is a good hub, the pics tell a story, but the article itself needs to have more information, when I was reading it the words caught my attention but t still felt like there was something missing. Research your information more, provide links and back link to hubbers who have also written about this type of abuse.

1. starme77 profile image85
      starme77posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Nice advice AEvans - I totally agree and also the first sentences of any writing should be strong enough to catch the attention of the reader , keeping him/her reading all the way through is important also , but if attention isn't caught in the first few sentences - there is less of a chance any of the writing will be read - well , thats my two cents worth of advice anyway smile

4. tmgonzalez profile image60
    tmgonzalezposted 6 years ago

I think your writing is good, and the animal abuse story was capivating. My only suggestion would be to watch your spelling and punctuation.

Great job!

1. 0
      kellieshellposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thank you all very much!  this is very helpful

5. SteveoMc profile image91
    SteveoMcposted 6 years ago

I read all three hubs. 

Spelling and grammar are important and you need to edit as soon as you find errors.  I was only able to find a couple so your editing is pretty good.

The wedding hub is too much text all together, it should be broken up a little.   Use more photos.  Not believable. 

The other two hubs, although current and reflecting 'hot topics'  are a little too histrionic and lack sufficient text.

Generally, I would say you are off to a good start. 

Welcome to HP, I hope you have a great time here.