jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

Adsense

1. profile image61
    Gator1posted 6 years ago

I am new here but I got ad-sense approved and set up but when I view my hub it's not my ad-sense (ca-pub-) number I see it's a different one.  Any idea why?

1. shazwellyn profile image82
      shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for asking a good question - which it seems has been answered very well by Irohner.  What I am particularly interested in is how did you find out that the ca-pub number was different to your own?  *intregued*

1. Susana S profile image92
        Susana Sposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Shaz - you right click on the page and select view source. This shows the html of the page and the adsense ID will be in there. You may have to log out first though.smile

1. shazwellyn profile image82
          shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Wow Susana - I can see!  Thank you sooooo much my friend!  This is very useful information - much appreciated! *thumbs up* big_smile

2. darkside profile image81
      darksideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You previously had Adsense approved or are you saying you signed up here, published one hub and got Adsense approved within 10 hours?

2. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

60% of the ad impressions are served under your publisher ID. 40% are served under HubPages' ID.

1. profile image61
      Gator1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the info I didn't know that.

3. CkhoffmanK profile image60
    CkhoffmanKposted 6 years ago

I am also confused about the adsense thing..

When I check my adsense account I cant see any earnings from HP?

4. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Well, with only six hubs it's quite possible you haven't made anything. Did you add hubpages.com as a channel for tracking purposes? Has your AdSense account made any money?

1. CkhoffmanK profile image60
      CkhoffmanKposted 6 years ago in reply to this

my adsense account makes around $1.00 a day now (as of last month) but when I check my top content for making the $ it's only my blogs (<snipped links>)

That's all I see when I check my adsense sad I guess I just haven't made any $ lol

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You haven't even reached 1000 views yet. And of the views you do get, 40% will show hubpages adverts.

Of the views you do have, at least a portion will be yours. Quite a few more will probably be other hubbers. Hubbers don't click adverts.

The people who click adverts are visitors from search engines such as google, yahoo and bing. However only approximately 5% of visitors will click an advert.

If you want to learn about keywords and search engine optimisation (SEO)  to draw more clicking visitors from google, there are plenty of great hubs on those topics.

5. nicregi profile image65
    nicregiposted 6 years ago

I think basically you need about 15 or more good hubs to earn clicks.

At the same time, it also depends on how much you backlink etc. DO you have HubPages set as URL in your google adsense?

You can track even better by putting in google analytics smile

working