jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

question re: christmas hubs and hubchallenges

1. 0
    cosetteposted 6 years ago

i decided to tweak my old christmas hubs from last year, update them, etc.

whilst doing that, i thought about starting some new christmas hubs, as i have an eye for what i want to write about and want to snag the URLs early on. i would also like to participate in a 30-day hub challenge when it gets closer to the holidays. my question is, if those hubs have already been begun, even though they are blank for the most part, and unpublished, will they still be eligible for the hubchallenge? i don't want to do anything improper.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Absolutely.  I can think of several people who used the Hubchallenge as motivation to complete unpublished Hubs.

1. IzzyM profile image84
        IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

A bit like myself in the current 60 day challenge. I had loads of hubs started and needed the push to get them written. On the last week of the challenge and most of them are still unwritten because I found new topics to write about.
        Cosette, the hub challenges are ideal for pushing you into finishing off started hubs smile

2. 0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 6 years ago

I can't see why they wouldn't count.  Should be cool, but possibly someone brighter than myself will know better.  Best of Luck!

3. 0

i thought that too, but just to be safe, i thought i would ask. thanks for your comment.

4. Flightkeeper profile image79
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

I think what matters is the date that you publish not so much when the hub was created.  That was my impression.

5. 0
    lynnechandlerposted 6 years ago

I think the only ones that have a specific date to be published are the hubmob ones.

During the last 30 in 30 challenge I had a few started and it got me going to get them finished.

6. 0

cool! i shall commence then. thanks you guys.

7. 0

thanks Marisa. i am looking forward to writing those christmas hubs smile

8. 0

yeah, Izzy. i haven't done a hub challenge in a while, so i thought that would be the perfect opportunity. woohoo...wink

9. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

I agree with the others, however, I would add that Christmas hubs need to go up pretty quickly if you want them to be useful this holiday season.  Don't wait. I'm already seeing activity on my Christmas hubs.  Some people are already buying Christmas-related items as well.  I've had several Amazon sales with Christmas items in August.

10. 0

i'm so glad you posted that. i was going to ask how soon was too soon but didn't want to overdo it. thanks! smile