My 30 Hubs in 30 Days Challenge Experience

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (77 posts)
  1. easylearningweb profile image84
    easylearningwebposted 9 years ago

Today, Friday, December 5, 2014, I am launching my 30 Hubs in 30 Days Challenge!

I created a hub to track my progress and for posting my hubs, and you can find it here:
    http://easylearningweb.hubpages.com/hub … tivity-Log

In doing some research in how to embark on such a challenge, I found information throughout Hubpages and thought I would share the links I found:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/105249
    http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Comm … d_22578144

There were various hubbers that I found who have taken the challenge, but I couldn't find any current challengers. I decided to launch my own challenge.

I also found an old forum thread but I couldn't post on it due to the forum being inactive:
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/105248  (no longer active).

Please follow my Hub Challenge and cheer me on!

If you are considering a Hub Challenge, read my experience and this may help you decide if the challenge is right for you, or consider a different type of challenge.

Thank you for you support!

easylearningwebposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hub #1 of 30:
      http://easylearningweb.hubpages.com/hub … Lahaska-Pa

Stats Report: My overall hubber score started out today as 90.

Activity trends will be reported throughout my Hub Challenge. Stay tuned for more updates.

Hubber score update: It's approximately 3 to 4 hours since I posted my initial announcement hub about the 30 day challenge, posted hub 1 of 30, and started this forum thread, and ironically, my hubber score is now 89. I will keep monitoring it in the hopes that it will go up.

1. Anamika S profile image67
          Anamika Sposted 9 years agoin reply to this

One of the reasons why I stopped publishing hubs is the drop in Hubber score. I can't let it go down any more.

It's like stocks, they go and down and sometimes it's unknown why, but usually it goes up due to increased activity.

Hubber score now just went back up to: 90.

Hub #2 of 30: Christmas Decorations Photo Gallery
              http://easylearningweb.hubpages.com/hub … to-Gallery

Hubber Score today: 92

Hub #3 of 30: Christmas Decorations Photo Gallery
                http://easylearningweb.hubpages.com/hub … -A-Snowman

Hubber Score today: 90

Score notes: Yesterday, my score rose to 93. It's interested to watch the trend. After a week or so, I'll also be able to see and report how my traffic is doing and any other activity trends.

Hub #4 of 30: How to Create a Back to Top Link in a Hubpage Article
                  http://easylearningweb.hubpages.com/hub … ge-Article

Hubber Score today: 91

By the end of this week, I'll post update about my new challenge hubs and if they are featured.

I notice my hubber score fluctuates even the tiniest bit with just a little bit of activity. Yesterday my hubber score was 91 early in the day; later in the day, I answered some questions and engaged a bit more, and my score went up to 93.

Today is back to 91. It seems that a bit more work is needed to boost the hubber score and have it remain at a high score.

2. peachpurple profile image82
      peachpurpleposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congrats, i am sure you will do well, i didn`t, my hubscore wasn't stable

Hey peachpurple, if will be very interesting to see how my score and traffic changes. I'll be posting updates throughout the next 30 days. Thanks.

3. profile image52
      tiffanyaprilgriffposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hello easylearningweb,

Good Luck! I agree. Great idea. Blessings

Thank you tiffanyaprilgriff! I appreciate your wishes. So far so good, it's an interesting and exciting challenge, and I welcome readers and other challengers, thanks again. :-)

2. SAQIB6608 profile image69
    SAQIB6608posted 9 years ago

well great challenge. Best of LUCK

Thanks, SAQIB6608! I'm excited about this challenge and welcome visitors and commentators, thanks again. :-)

3. Anamika S profile image67
    Anamika Sposted 9 years ago

Congrats! Just a suggestion... Start a Blogger Blog to track your HubPages Challenge journey... just like a journal... instead of a hub to track your progress.  Post your progress/difficulty on a daily basis by writing a short description of your daily hub and link it back to your hub from the Blog. This strategy worked well for me when I succeeded in writing 100 hubs in 30 days (1st HubPages Challenge).

Great suggestion, Anamika, thanks! Hats off to you for completing 100 hubs in 30 days for your 1st challenge. That is quite an accomplishment. Just curious, do you use Google Blogger or other? I actually have a blog but it is it dedicated to eLearning (it's called Easy Learning Blog). I also have a business Facebook page where I also post related eLearning material but I also post articles about writing on there too. I'll have to give that some thought.

I appreciate your advice, thanks!

Thanks! I suggest you use Blogger. It gets crawled fast. Once the challenge is over, you can delete the Blog if you want. Your second alternative can be tumblr...
        As far as I am concerned, I started with Blogger, but use self hosted WordPress now. But the sad truth is that I have no time to manage my own Blogs and have been ignoring them for quite some time because of work pressure.

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I wouldn't recommend using this strategy.   The 100 Hubs in 30 days Challenge happened a long time ago, and since then Google's search engine algorithm has changed a lot.    Having multiple links from one blog to HubPages is no longer beneficial.   

Your original idea of tracking your progress with a Hub is the best idea.   
        It may be too late for this Challenge, but a good tip is to think of a Challenge which is all based around one subject area.   Then when you finish the Challenge, your "progress" Hub can become a Capstone Hub.  That's a HubPages term meaning a Hub that's an index of all your Hubs on a particular subject. 

Just a tip - a Capstone Hub can't just be a list of links to your other Hubs.  You need to write a couple of paragraphs

By the way, the 100 Hubs in 30 days Challenge was never repeated, because it was found to encourage Hubbers to write shorter Hubs that were not as well thought-out, whereas HubPages wants longer, better edited Hubs.

Do you have any proof that multiple links from one blog to HubPages no longer work? I have proof that it works. I still use this strategy. Whether your link is counted as a backlink for Hub or not, links from Blogger are capable of getting traffic to Hubs.  Whenever I do something, even a client project, I maintain a journal privately (mostly on Blogger) to track my progress. And that is just for my motivation sake and to keep me on schedule.  Tracking your progress and being on schedule is very important if you want to succeed in your goal.
          And... I also strongly suggest writing hubs around the same topic so that it can be interlinked.

Anamika, I like your idea of having hubs on the same or similar topic, to interelate them. My strength is in technology. I will consider this for my next challenge. Thanks again.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
              Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Actually that was my suggestion, Anamika was just agreeing with me.

Thanks Marisa! Great idea and definitely something to consider. I originally was only going to have tech related hubs but I branched out thinking of a broader audience. Catch 22 I guess.  Although I have heard that Google likes articles about the same topic because then you are considered an expert in the field. A lot to think about. Thanks again.

4. SAQIB6608 profile image69
    SAQIB6608posted 9 years ago

30 is bit tough I guess. Still your speed is worth appreciating !! The quality need not to be depreciated at the cost of quantity. Scoring in 90s is great.

Yes, SAQIB6608, it is quite a challenge, but luckily I did a ton of planning ahead of time so I have my topics already in a list and some content, and I'm surprising myself with how quickly I develop hubs.

Thanks for your support!

5. profile image52
    tiffanyaprilgriffposted 9 years ago

Hi Easylearning web,

I think the reason for your speed is your motivation. Your determination for success! That is beautiful! Keep flying!

Blessings,
    Tiffany April

Thanks Tiffany...I'm a bit of a fanatic, but I think one has to be, to be doing this challenge. I do feel like I'm flying high...reaching for the stars. Thanks for cheering me on!!!  Much appreciated. :-)

6. pumpkincat210 profile image60
    pumpkincat210posted 9 years ago

I admire your enthusiasm and drive.   I have written only 1 hub in five years, so I definitely have writers block. I find ample content difficult.  Ill be watching this thread for inspiration.

Thanks, pumpkincat210, that is my intention, to inspire others to write and increase some of the camaraderie that we writers need to succeed on HubPages. When I first started on HubPages about 5 years ago, I started slow, then wrote a few here and there, and I was inspired when other hubbers posted comments and cheered me on. It's like running in a marathon with spectators cheering for you...it's a great feeling! Then I was a bit inactive here and there the last couple of years, writing hubs only when I really had time. I'm back now to fulfill my challenge because I want to prepare myself for larger writing projects.

I hope I have inspired you...Happy Writing!

7. easylearningweb profile image84

Hub #18 of 30: Christmas Time in New York City Photo Gallery

8. easylearningweb profile image84

Hub #19 of 30: How to Live a Long, Healthy and Successful Life
    http://easylearningweb.hubpages.com/hub … ssful-Life

1. peachpurple profile image82

i read this hub, very details and practical advice

Thanks peachpurple, glad you liked the hub!

2. peachpurple profile image82

i read this hub, very details and practical advice

9. easylearningweb profile image84

Hub #20 of 30: Trans Siberian Orchestra Concert Review and Photo Gallery

1. kannanwrites profile image91
      kannanwritesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Good work.

I  once thought to do 15 hubs in 30 days and that too was not possible for me. And you are on your way to complete 30 in 30 days and I admire that.

Merry Christmas!!!

Thank you for your comment, kannanwrites, much appreciated! I am learning a lot about myself, and what it takes to meet a challenge. It is a good experience, and only about 10 days to go! Thanks again. :-)

10. S Jayaseeli profile image57
    S Jayaseeliposted 9 years ago

This is so cool! I needed this kind of motivation. I have topics and contents to post a dozen hubs but I am being lethargic and kept procrastinating. Now I feel much better. Thank you! smile

Hey S Jayaseeli, Always glad to hear when others are more motivated to write! Happy Writing. :-)

11. profile image0
    bobtyndallposted 9 years ago

I'm just curious. Everyone seems obsessed with their hub scores. However, it has been said many times that hub scores are meaningless. They have no relationship to what Google does or doesn't do. The only thing that matters is the quality of hubs and whether Google will find them.

If the scores meant anything more people would be making money. In my view there is only one reason to be here. That is to make money. Anything else is pointless. I have yet to see anyone here claim they make much more than pennies a day. I have seen many people leave HubPages because it is very frustrating. There are much better ways to earn money than on Hubpages,

Just my opinion.

Hi bobtyndall,

Different writers are here for different reasons, some for some money, some for fun, and some to meet other writers and be inspired. For me it's a learning experience and and connecting with other wtiters. It helps me to be a group where others have similar interests. It's a cool writing group and we can cheer each other on for our bigger goals. It's like a stepping stone and each of us will benefit in some way.

Thanks for stopping by. :-)

12. easylearningweb profile image84

Hub #21 of 30: Banana Walnut French Toast - Healthy and Delicious!
    http://easylearningweb.hubpages.com/hub … -Delicious

13. easylearningweb profile image84

Hub #22 of 30: Quick and Easy Apple Cake Recipe
    http://easylearningweb.hubpages.com/hub … ake-Recipe

14. easylearningweb profile image84

Hub #23 of 30: Interstellar Movie Questions Answered | Interstellar Commentary by Neil DeGrasse Tyson
    http://easylearningweb.hubpages.com/hub … asse-Tyson

15. easylearningweb profile image84

Hub #24 of 30: Easy Tuna Salad | Tomato and Olive Salad | Tuna Salad Hors d’oeuvres
    http://easylearningweb.hubpages.com/hub … s-doeuvres

1. Christy Kirwan profile image92
      Christy Kirwanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You're making great progress! Keep up the hard work. smile

Thanks Christy, I appreciate you cheering me on. I'll be posting my day 25 hub soon, then only 5 more hubs to go! Thanks again. :-)

16. easylearningweb profile image84

Hub #25 of 30: 10 Ways to Think Yourself Thinner | How to Lose Weight and Keep It Off
    http://easylearningweb.hubpages.com/hub … eep-It-Off

17. easylearningweb profile image84

Hub #26 of 30: Broiled Flounder | Pot Luck Baked Potatoes | Grilled Vegetables
    http://easylearningweb.hubpages.com/hub … Vegetables

18. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image60
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 9 years ago

Keep on working; you will reach your goal. Best of luck!

Thanks, sunilkunnoth2012, I appreciate you cheering me on. One day to go to complete my challenge!

19. easylearningweb profile image84

Hub #27 of 30: Unlocking The Power of Your Mind | Types of Intelligences | Secrets To Being Smarter
    http://easylearningweb.hubpages.com/hub … ng-Smarter

20. easylearningweb profile image84

Hub #28 of 30: How To Instantly Cut Your Grocery Bill In Half | Savvy Money Saving Tips
    http://easylearningweb.hubpages.com/hub … aving-Tips

21. easylearningweb profile image84

Hub #29 of 30: Strategies for Effective Training and Education in the Workplace
    http://easylearningweb.hubpages.com/hub … -Workplace

22. Daniel5 profile image69
    Daniel5posted 9 years ago

Wow you are really killing the 30 day challenge, congrats!

Question: how is your traffic doing? Are you monetizing your content, and if so, are your earnings consistently going up?

Again, congrats, you're almost done!

Hi Daniel, my earnings did go up over the last month, and I'm hoping that continues. It's a nice surprise. I actually doing this for the love and practice of writing, and if earnings increase, it's a bonus. My traffic has been pretty good and tomorrow I will report a bit more on my progress and activity.

Thanks for your comment and for stopping by. :-)

23. K Murphey profile image68
    K Murpheyposted 9 years ago

I am new to hubpages - I just joined January 1st. I set a goal for myself to write approximately 1 page (at least) every day this year, and I figured I might as well try to make a little money while I'm at it. I also feel I'll hold myself better to my goal if my writing is tracked on a website. So I did a google search, and that led me here.

I just started browsing the forums and saw your "30 day challenge" title. Since I've given myself a similar challenge (to write every day) it intrigued me. smile Congratulations on conquering your challenge, and I hope to hold myself to my own!

Hi K Murphy, Welcome to Hubpages! I'm impressed by your challenge to write a hub everyday. Good luck and Happy New Year to you!

24. easylearningweb profile image84

Hub #30 of 30: What I Learned From Writing | 30 Hubs in 30 Days Challenge Results | The Strangest Secret by Earl Nightingale
    http://easylearningweb.hubpages.com/hub … ightingale

Attention Hubbers: I challenge you to create your own writing challenge. It's doesn't have to be 30 Hubs in 30 Days; it can be less (or even more if you dare). If I had to do another challenge I wouldn't do hubs on weekends (I did skip the holidays) and I would probably do a larger stretch of time so there is a bit more time available for research and optimizing hubs as much as possible.

Please post any challenges here which you have completed or new ones you be starting soon.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/12035835_f1024.jpg

1. Christy Kirwan profile image92
      Christy Kirwanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'm SO impressed that you completed your challenge! Those high-quality Hubs are sure to give your account (and earnings) a nice boost! Congrats on your impressive achievement.

Thank you very much, Christy! I hope to inspire others. This challenge really helped me felt more confident and ready to take on more writing challenges. I just can't explain it, and the only way I can describe what I'm feeling right now is how one must feel after they have climbed a mountain, relieved, happy, content, and ready to prepare for another bigger climb soon. So whether my challenge is within or outside of HubPages, I still owe it to HubPages for allowing me to to use this as my springboard to reach higher things.

Cheers!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)