jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

A trivial question

1. Vines profile image60
    Vinesposted 6 years ago

I just came across a Hubber who had a Hubscore of 1.

Strangely, he had written 170+ hubs and was a member for several years. He also has a fairly decent number of followers.

I'm confused how anyone could have such a low Hubscore when he has written TONS of hubs. If I were him I'd feel completely disappointed to have wasted so much time and sweat and effort...

How come his score is that low?

1. 0
      ankigarg87posted 6 years ago in reply to this

The hubscore doesn't depends upon no of hubs and no of followers.The hub are not of of good quality and no of visitors are less.Hubscore depends upon Amount of traffic,reputation of the Hubber,response of readers to hub,uniqueness of content  etc.

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

It means that he doesn't have quality hubs or has done something that hubpages has programmed the system to disapprove of.

Did you look at any of his hubs?

If the hubs were low quality content, that could be the reason.

Low quality content can include but not be limited to:
    -Duplicate content.
    -Picture only hubs.
    -Short hubs (200 words or less.)
    -Text only hubs (with no pictures, polls, feeds etc.)

1. Vines profile image60
      Vinesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well I did look at some. His hubs were decent.

I actually found out about him through a search on Google and his hub showed up. Many of them were in the 50-70s score. I was quite shocked to see his score was 1.

That is as bad as it gets.

1. Vines profile image60
        Vinesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ok, correction - He doesn't have any hub with a score above 70. But he has many in the 60s.

That shouldn't be responsible for his Hubscore of 1?

1. 0
          Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It is definitely as TOS violation; 1 is one step away from an account ban. They have decided to let him keep the account for the time being, but just barely.