jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Suggested new feature: "Report as spam" button

1. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Currently, reporting spam involves a few steps, namely click "report" and then selections between different options in a scroll-down menu. No big deal. But there is lots of spam to report, and reporting spam occurs much more frequently than reporting anything else. Therefore it would be very convenient if a button was added beneath forum posts to "report as spam."

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

I'd have to agree with you there.

The only thing that may worry me about an implementation of this idea is that if the button is easily clickable, there'll be a lot more 'accidental' clicks, causing more work for the HP team. I could be wrong though, so otherwise, great idea.

3. Ohma profile image82
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

Yep I agree this would help

4. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Thanks for your feedback WryLilt and Ohma. I envisage there would still be a prompt to confirm prior to posting and the option to leave comments to staff, so accidental clicks should not be too much of a problem.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm 100% for it then.

I have seen a few new people wanting to report things but not realizing that you needed to press 'more' to do so.

2. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Right now it takes three clicks to report spam:  one to hit the report button, one to select the spam designation and one to submit the report.

What you are proposing would also take three clicks:  one to hit the report button, one to confirm the report and one to submit.

As this does not change the efficiency of the process, I feel there's no reason for the admin team to spend time on this versus the present system.

1. 0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Not really. Confirming and submitting happens in one and the same click. People will see a notice and be given the opportunity to add comments prior to clicking "submit." One click less (no scrolling down) would make this easier and faster than now. Even if a check-box were added to confirm, it would still be an improvement.

5. A la carte profile image59
    A la carteposted 6 years ago

Well I certainly would like one as I had a look at the answers section and someone has posted the same question about half a dozen times for no apparent reason.

6. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 6 years ago

I just had 20 messages to one of my hubs ,also notified via email and read like a bunch of text messages between teens,however they all came from one I.P.
    Looks like they hijacked my hub -so annoying and Im really grateful we, the published has the option of deny/ delete etcbutton!!