jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

Does changing the title hurt you with google?

1. marisuewrites profile image60
    marisuewritesposted 6 years ago

before i change anything, i'm wondering if google will react badly to the update?  anyone know something that would help me decide?

1. saleheensblog profile image61
      saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Use the new title tuner to change the title if you want to do so. It will hopefully optimize your hub in search engine http://hubpages.com/my/title_tuner

2. OldSkoolFool profile image60
      OldSkoolFoolposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes it could, if the title is not relative to the article.

2. Appletreedeals profile image84
    Appletreedealsposted 6 years ago

changing your hub title will not hurt you with Google - unless - you pick a title with less searched keywords

1. Paul Edmondson profile image
      Paul Edmondsonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you align the title more closely to the content of the hub that is usually positive thing on Hubpages.  However each site is different.  When I give seo advice I advocate creating great titles.  Sometimes a site will experience a drop in traffic when they're changed.  This is usually temporary and traffic comes back stronger than ever over several months.  On Hubpages, better titles normally produces more traffic quickly.

1. frogdropping profile image84
        frogdroppingposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I noticed the very thing you mention. A little dip then an increase. I haven't used the title tool on all, some of the suggestions just wouldn't fit. Any that could handle the change were changed.

Please suggest some more tongue

3. lex123 profile image70
    lex123posted 6 years ago

I had used title tuner in 3 of my hubs, but I can't find any difference.  I get the usual traffic to these hubs, not more or less.

1. 0
      TopUniverseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Wait one month and recheck the status.

4. 0
    TopUniverseposted 6 years ago

I don't think changing title hurt us on google pages. It surely help in the long run.

No wonder when title is relevant to our content it should work.

5. marisuewrites profile image60
    marisuewritesposted 6 years ago

Thanks everyone!  Paul, I appreciate your advice too and will follow cautiously.  I don't think I'll change the titles that are already getting good traffic, but I am no brave enough to tweak some weaker ones!!  Thanks to all!

6. 2besure profile image83
    2besureposted 6 years ago

Changing a bad title has always help me.  I can even see a change in a better location on Google.

7. web file backup profile image60
    web file backupposted 6 years ago

A page title is part of the contents of the page. Google pays more attention to the title than to anything else. So making it better and more relevant to the topic will improve your rankings.

You can also make it worse if you replace a straightforward title that is descriptive and clear with a title that is more 'creative'. For instance if you use some sort of a pun that. Human readers might appreciate the joke but Google algorithms will likely not get it and downgrade your ratings.

8. Alison Graham profile image93
    Alison Grahamposted 6 years ago

I have noticed an immediate improvement in some of my Hubs where I have changed the title so am glad I started using the new tool.