jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What does having an affiliate do?

1. 60
    2kids2manyposted 6 years ago

I know this is a very silly question, but why do I want and affiliate and what does it exactly mean? I am very-very new to this and any help will be nice.

Thank you,

1. Haunty profile image85
      Hauntyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Not a silly question at all. To make money on hubpages, you have to become an affiliate of one or both of these companies. You'll then get an affiliate or publisher ID from them that you'll have to enter on hubpages. The whole process is quite simple. Follow these two links to the FAQ page to learn more.

2. skyfire profile image75
    skyfireposted 6 years ago
  3. 0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

If you want to make money on Hubpages then you need to sign up to the Affiliate schemes. AdSense and Amazon basically.

AdSense pay you when readers visit their links, Amazon pay you a commission if you sell one of their products.

4. tritrain profile image76
    tritrainposted 6 years ago

I'd start with Amazon - https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/

Hub Pages tends to be a very good place for an Amazon affiliate.  Sign up, add it to your Hub Pages affiliate section, use the Amazon module, and watch tons of money trickle in.  And crossing your fingers helps too.

5. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

I'm not sure if you may be thinking of the the traffic referral program, where you can make money by referring new members and/or by sending traffic to the site. Either way, you will need to sign up for Adsense/Amazon etc. to benefit from this.