jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (14 posts)

Pictures with texts

1. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 6 years ago

Can some one tell me how I can get some pictures with text on them in my hubs.. I have done them on PPT now I can't seem to upload them. Thanx

1. tritrain profile image74
      tritrainposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yep.  The only way you could add pictures to Hub Pages is by editing the image.  You could overlap text via HTML/CSS, but not here.

Use Paint.

Save the image and upload to Hub Pages.

2. ADDHome profile image59
    ADDHomeposted 6 years ago

sofs, I assume you saved the PPT "as pictures" - right?

Did you make sure that they were jpegs? I think PPT does save pics as jpegs automatically, but I could be wrong.  I know that Paint doesn't do jpegs automatically, you have to specify that instead of a bmp (which HP won't upload).

I have done this often at home (ie PPT to pics) - not for HP - and I've never had any problem with it.  I will try to upload one and see if I have any problems and let you know.

1. sofs profile image87
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Add home, I have done this earlier, but wont work for HP. let me check on paint and try to convert it.

tritrain Thanks will check it out.

3. lrohner profile image83
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

In Powerpoint, you have to select the text and the photo and then group them together. Then right click on the image and select Save as Picture (save as a jpg). You should be good to go from there.

4. thisisoli profile image62
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Make sure that you are note saving the file as 'ppt' those are note images, but powerpoint presentations.  You may be able to export slides as images, but it has been a long time since I used powerpoint for anything.

5. ADDHome profile image59

I wonder if the version of PPT has anything to do with it?

I just went through this process as a test and had zero problems.  And I didn't need to group the picture and text (but I did have the text in a text box on top of the slide).

Here's my process:

In PPT, use "Insert" to insert a pic from a folder on disk drive,
    Resize pic to fill whole screen,
    Insert text box on top and type in text,
    resize text and choose font and color,
    in File menu choose Save As then in the box choose Save As jpg (like thisisoli said, make sure its not a presentation).

In the hub editor picture capsule import the picture.

Like I said, maybe the version of PPT makes a difference, but this process worked perfectly for me.

6. ADDHome profile image59

Or could it maybe just be one of those glitches with the new picture editor in HP?  Some people have reported problems.  That might be something to check.

7. ADDHome profile image59

I just changed my avatar to the pic I added text to in PPT, so that you could see it.  Let me know when you have seen it, because I want to change it back.

1. sofs profile image87

You guys are awesome.. I am still trying out everything.
      Addhome  yes I can see the text!!

8. ADDHome profile image59

Thanks!  I'll change it back now.

Good luck with your pics!  I wish we could find the magic.  Who knows what odd things lurk in the minds of our computers////?

1. sofs profile image87

lol

9. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 6 years ago

Thanks Folks you are awesome... I know I am repeating this, but I just got it done with your help!!! smile

I really appreciate this!!

10. ADDHome profile image59

Yayyyy!  Good for you.

working