jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

How do you place pictures side by side?

1. TravelinJack profile image81
    TravelinJackposted 4 years ago

How do you place pictures side by side?

I have been having trouble place photos side by side.  This would allow me to get my point across so much better.  Any solutions?!

2. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 4 years ago

There is not an easy way to do this. Hub Pages insists that all capsules either cover the entire width of the Hub, or it will allow you to reduce the size to one-half and push it to the right side. Thus, you cannot put two picture capsules side by side.

The only other option would be to create a file that contains the two pictures. If the pictures are about the same size, the easiest way is to open a PowerPoint presentation, select a blank page and put both pictures on the same page. Size them or crop as needed so that the pictures are the same size. You can then group the two items together while in PowerPoint and then export the combined pictures as a single file. You could then import the picture into a full width photo capsule. There are other programs such as Photoshop that would let you do the same thing. It might be possible in Word, just never tried it. Also, if you have a scanner, you could scan the two pictures at one time. This will only work if the pictures are the same size and there is no significant difference in contract

I have suggested that Hub Pages allow us to move picture capsules to the left side of the page, but no changes have been made.

I hope this helps you with your situation. If not, send me a private e-mail and I will try to explain it in more detail and perhaps include a few screen shots that may better explain it.
    Good Luck.

1. profile image0
      paxwillposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yes, the issue of floating left has been brought up many times, but HP won't budge.  It's a shame since many articles would benefit from more flexible image placement.

2. Elderberry Arts profile image96
      Elderberry Artsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I have had this problem too. Thank you for the tip.

3. TravelinJack profile image81
      TravelinJackposted 4 years agoin reply to this

How do I combine the two images together in PowerPoint?

4. profile image0
      Larry Wallposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Select the two image by holding down the shift key and selecting each image, and left clicking each image. When both are selected, with the shift key still down, right click the mouse and choose group. Shift key should be held down for entire process

3. profile image0
    paxwillposted 4 years ago

As Larry Wall explained, the only way to do it is to make a single image out of the pair of images. You can do it with something as low-tech as MS Paint.  If the images are of different sizes and you want to resize them to the same dimensions, there's a free online image editor called Pixlr that I really like.

It works like GIMP or PhotoShop.

4. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

yeah, i am having trouble with that too. Blogger.com doesn't have this problem.

5. BlossomSB profile image91
    BlossomSBposted 4 years ago

Great question! I've tried to do this, but without success. The two suggestions here sound great but I think I'd have trouble following them. Some technical things are just too hard for 'a bear of a very small brain!' Maybe I'll just wait and hope that one day it's easy to do on HubPages.