jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

URL Trackers - Help - I can't get them to work.

1. dsletten profile image56
    dslettenposted 9 years ago

Hi,
    I've been trying to link to pages with URL Trackers and have been following the instructions carefully but the links never work.  My links take me to a blank page or say that the page can't be found.  Any suggestions?
    Thanks.

2. Maddie Ruud profile image83
    Maddie Ruudposted 9 years ago

Be sure you're putting _yourtrackerID between http://hubpages.com/ and whatever comes next in the URL, say /hub.

Example:

http://hubpages.com/_yourtrackerID/hub/yourhubname

Do your links follow this format?

3. dsletten profile image56

Hi Maddie,

Yes, I've checked the links and the underscore and name of the tracker is right where it should be.  Any other ideas?

4. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

Are you adding a punctuation mark at the end of the link?  Sometimes extraneous characters connected to a link will be included, breaking the link.  Why don't you post the url you are using, and we can help you out.

One other way to make links, is to simply click on "link to this page" in the footer of the page you want to link to.  It will generate a link with your tracker (if you're signed in), giving you either just the URL, or HTML.

5. dsletten profile image56

Hi PaulDeeds,

That is how I am creating my link - through the Link to this Page.  Then I check it to make sure it has included everything properly.  Maybe I'll just have to play with it some more and see what happens.  Thanks.

6. Maddie Ruud profile image83
    Maddie Ruudposted 9 years ago

dsletten:

If you the post the link for us here, or email me at team@hubpages.com I can try to work out the problem.

7. dsletten profile image56

Hi Maddie,
    Thanks for your help.  I was stupidly posting the HTML code instead of the URL link.  Now I have it figured out.  I should have known better!  roll  Thanks again.

working