jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Disclaimers on websites?

1. 60
    Marksinfoposted 6 years ago

Have any of you folks put a disclaimer on your websites? As per the Federal Trade Commission rulings.
    I have and would like to start a discussion on the subject.

Marks info

1. GmaGoldie profile image86
      GmaGoldieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have.  I vary the disclaimer depending upon my relationship with the products discussed.

Also for the exercise hubs I have added the medical info - just for the sake of safety.

I keep the disclaimer in an unpublished Hub and update it from time to time.

I wish there was a way to link to a master disclaimer so my disclaimer would be same across 200 Hubs.  I suppose my profile could house it but I worry that IF it is not right in front of them they will contend they simply didn't know. 

My disclaimer is always at the very end of each Hub and after my news capsule which WryLilt kindly informed me of.

I just learned how the superscript can change the font size to super tiny so I might add that for the sake of making it less obtrusive.

Lately, I have added in links to Hubs for topics to follow - just in case they are all the way down at the very bottom of that Hub.

2. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

I saw a post yesterday suggesting saving it as a file and then when you need it, you just copy/paste that file into it's own text capsule. I haven't done it yet, but it sounds like a good plan. label it however you need if you're going to have a separate one for health and products.

edit: I meant copy/paste from the file. smile

3. GmaGoldie profile image86
    GmaGoldieposted 6 years ago

Other than copy and pasting is there a better way with a "file" - how do I load?  Into the text capsule?

4. Pcunix profile image92
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

I keep a document of stuff I might need and cut/paste from that.

5. shazwellyn profile image83
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

A disclaimer is a common sense approach.  It empowers both the writer and the reader - if you feel you need to add this feature, then invariably you do.  Go with the gut feeling.