jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

1. Brie Hoffman profile image83
    Brie Hoffmanposted 5 years ago

Why is it that hubpages suggests tags and then tells you after you've implemented their suggestions that you have too many?

1. David 470 profile image86
      David 470posted 5 years ago in reply to this

There merely a suggestion and not all of them will produce good ones. I like the tool, but do not use 100% of them. I use the ones it found were good and disregard the others.

Sometimes it may pick up random words like "going the" or something that is not relevant to the main idea or topic.

2. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 5 years ago

Don't take those tag suggestions seriously... some of the are ridiculous.  It would be good to keep appropriate tags well within the 15 -20 limit, remove all the useless tags by clicking on the X and you will be fine. Hope this helps..

3. Simone Smith profile image91
    Simone Smithposted 5 years ago

The tag suggestions are there to give writers some ideas if they aren't sure how to tag their hubs.  If you've already selected some, no worries.  Always feel free to add one or two of the suggested tags to your existing collection, but if you add to many, they lose their relevance.  big_smile

4. livewithrichard profile image86
    livewithrichardposted 5 years ago

I would go easy on the Tags anyway as they tend to dilute your hub relevance by spreading it among the many tag pages.  Too many non relevant Tags will have a negative effect on your hub's popularity.

I've been going back an removing tags from my older hubs, leaving no more than 15 of the most relevant and I have seen some increase in both traffic and hubscore.