jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

How can I protect photographs in a new hub?

1. Coming of Age profile image60
    Coming of Ageposted 5 years ago

I am considering a hub that may include several of my wifes photographs, and I was wondering if and how is is possible to protect them from being taken from the hub. She is a part time professional photographer and sells some of her work.

1. 0
      ankigarg87posted 5 years ago in reply to this

You can copy image in hubpages and mentioning source of images id optional

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You can't, really.  ANYTHING is susceptible to theft the moment you put it online - and images are more at risk than text, because even some Hubbers (who would be outraged if someone stole their article) think it's OK to copy any image that appears on the internet.

The legal situation is that ALL images online are copyright unless stated otherwise - but in practice, catching people who break the law is difficult.

The best advice is - don't put any image online that you're not prepared to give away.  She might get some free advertising by putting her own website name on the photo, or watermarking it, but some people will just cut it off.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

Any photo can be copied. For protection, photographers often use a digital watermark or a low-resolution image. Check out fellow Hubber Charlinex, who is a professional photographer.

3. Just Ask Susan profile image85
    Just Ask Susanposted 5 years ago

Good question  I would like to know the answer to that as well.

4. Coming of Age profile image60
    Coming of Ageposted 5 years ago

Thank all of you for your insight, and advice. After doing some additional research it appears that the best thing I can do is indeed to water mark the photographs. I have found some trial software on the web and will go with this approach.

Thanks again!