Traffic Problems

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (33 posts)
  1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago

I've noticed that on the days I regularly check my hubs my traffic is a lot higher than if I don't check.  This leads me to believe that a complex algyrhythm must be using my visits as a back link generator through an RSS feed.  I am experimenting with not visiting today and my traffic has dropped to zero.

Just thought I'd put the word out, in case any one else has experienced a zero traffic problem.

1. LillyGrillzit profile image77
      LillyGrillzitposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is a way to set it up in AdSense that when you check on your own stuff it won't count as a click. I read a Hub to learn how to do it... http://hubpages.com/hub/Google-Analytic … -Filtering this way you can see honest traffic and not get banned from Google AdSense or any other platform.

2. Reality Bytes profile image74
    Reality Bytesposted 13 years ago

Every time you open one of your own hubs it counts as a view!

Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thankyou.  That information comes as a bit of a disappointment.

1. Reality Bytes profile image74
        Reality Bytesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Don't be disappointed.  Traffic will come, I looked at some of your hubs and the topics seem fine.  The hubs are well written, have patience, it took me a few months to start to see search engine traffic.

Now it comes pretty steady and rises every month.

Welcome to Hubpages, you are off to a great start.

Thank you, it's very nice of you to say that.  I am struggling a bit with finding the right way to marry my need for humour - with the ability to sell - plus find a niche to stick it in.

I do love Hubpages though, absolutely love it.

You should read some of shadesbreath's hubs.

http://hubpages.com/profile/Shadesbreath

Thankyou.  I am a bit abashed.  That's pretty good stuff.

I thought you would appreciate his work.

He is an incredible writer, and when I read through your hubs he immediately came to mind.

Thanks again, having read a couple now I understand. I am now another follower and have left him some personal abuse.  I hate him.

2. saleheensblog profile image60
        saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

traffic will come gradually. you can get more traffic by being more active with the community like hubhopping and commenting. And doing good keyword research and if possible some back linking will bring traffic from search engines.

Thanks.  I know I need to be patient.  My fear is that I will be patient and still nothing will happen.  I could end up writing tons of stuff that never earns a dime.  I don't want to get six months down the road and discover I'm on the wrong road.

1. Pcunix profile image89
            Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Are you having fun?

I just read three of your hubs and you certainly seem to be.  Will you earn money from those?  I do not know, but it was enough that I will click 'Follow' and, trust me, I do not do that very often, so I hope you keep on having fun no matter if you earn or not.

By the way, do NOT reciprocal follow.  Seriously: I do not think well of people who do that.

3. Pcunix profile image89

Eleven days.  Look in the mirror and repeat that.

There are potential readers/followers who have not even signed into HP in the past eleven days, never mind had an opportunity to notice you.

Keep plugging.  I like your icon.

Thankyou friend. 

I liked my icon until I saw Shades illustrations.  And then I thought about my little stick drawings.  Oh dear.

If I come across you again, as I think I might - then may I click on the dreaded follow thing?

Not sure what you mean by plugging, I just happen to chance by here on a 24/7 basis.

You may if you have REASON to.  That is, if you really want to be notified when I post my next piece of drivel, you have my permission to follow.

I just don't like it when I follow someone  and they follow back out of some wrong headed idea of being polite. It makes me think less of them.

Oh, and if you think you have poor artistic skills, you should look at mine!

2. Pcunix profile image89

I mean keep plugging away at writing.

Lol.  I thought I'd been rumbled.

3. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

Let's have a bad drawing contest, shall we?

Here's one of mine.
    http://s3.hubimg.com/u/3499926_f248.jpg

Think you can do better, umm, worse?

4. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

And just one more:

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/3415001_f248.jpg

I challenge you do outdo me, Mark.  Outdo in a bad way, that is.

Those are both excellent Mr. Unix.  I am going to totally wimp out of the challenge because...

1. It's very nearly tea time in Euroland.
      2. It is a surprisingly complex process I have of physically drawing a 'picture' and then scanning it in and then rotating and cropping it and then transferring to a library.
      3. I will let my previous body of work speak for itself on this occasion.

Actually I may get back to you on this.

I have a simple (albeit somewhat expensive) solution.  I do all my drawing on my iPad using very inexpensive software.

I have no problem spending your money for you.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4094573.jpg

Truly?

You failed to catch both my engaging smile and the twinkle in my astigmatic eyes.  Your color choices are excellent, though.

I appear to have just eaten something quite awful.  And you certainly could have taken some artistic license and bumped my hub score some.

And why do i appear to be wearing a dress?  My wife does have one that color, but it would never fit me. 

I know - you missed the prominent Adam's Apple, right?

Hey, I did my best and risked total public shame and humiliation!  I needed an idea quickly, didn't have one, can't draw and used some old colouring pencils.  You want engaging smile and twinkles?  With these skills?  Sheesh.

Actually, I rather liked it:)

May I use it (with full accreditation, of course) in a future hub?

Sir, I would be honoured.

5. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

Patience, Mark - it will happen with the quality you have shown in your hubs.

If you're interested, I recently wrote a hub about my first few months on HP and tried to address some of the very things you are concerned about.  I shared many of your concerns but have learned to work through them.  Go to school here on HP - there is an incredible wealth of information on how to become a successful writer here and much of it is really valuable.

Earning money online isn't easy and it isn't quick, even on such a site has HP has proven to be, but it is certainly possible.  Understand that time is a natural part of the process here and just can't be avoided. 

You will have "failure" hubs here (everyone does), but judging from your writing you will also have many successes if you only keep at it.

At the risk of sounding really self serving, do check out that hub.  I had many disappointments but many encouragements as well and describe some of them.  You will see poor traffic days and even weeks (I certainly have!) and the same thing goes for income, but as has been pointed out the overall picture is one of steady growth.

Thankyou, and I will check it out.  After tea...

2. Mark Ewbie profile image82

As promised I did check out your hub.  It was excellent and interesting.  I liked your approach to the subject matter, and I feel more enthusiastic as a result of reading it. Thanks.

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good!  That's why I wrote it - to give other newbies a realistic idea of what can be done.  Maybe I was faster than most, maybe slower, but at least it gives a feel or maybe a goal along with some enthusiasm.  I'm glad you found it of value.

6. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 13 years ago

I have same problem in the start and now able to get few visits to my hubs. Everyone says patience! patience! So no alternative newbies have to wait.

7. profile image53
    theipadtesterposted 13 years ago

@LillyGrillzit.Oh thanks a lot for that piece of information.Visisted the website which you had mentioned and had many of my doubts cleared!Thanks to this forum too!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)