jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

What is up with the ghosts?

1. adrienne2 profile image83
    adrienne2posted 6 years ago

I dont know if anyone else has wondered; but why are there so many ghost hubbers in the forums?  I am speaking of individuals who signup on HB write no hubs, or perhaps 1 or 2 hubs, have no avatar, but yet they are posting all over the forums. What is the point? It just kinda bugs me.

2. rotl profile image60
    rotlposted 6 years ago

Interesting observation. I suppose they like reading hubs and don't like writing. But since they read a lot, they consider themselves part of the community and like interacting with others. The forums can be a fun place to hang out, so I don't blame them.

Why, you don't consider them real hubbers, since they don't write?

adrienne2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Rotl you have a good point, perhaps they do just like to read.  I agree the forums are fun to hang out.  I just find it annonying sometimes, and find them to be busy bees in the forum. I guess I look forward to reading their work only they dont have any.

1. rotl profile image60
        rotlposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I see your side, totally. Its easy to be all social and/or to critique others when you have nothing to be critiqued on. And I suppose at its core, HubPages is a community of writers, so you are a bit of a poser if you don't write, yet you wanna hang out with writers.

3. Disturbia profile image59
    Disturbiaposted 6 years ago

Is writing hubs a requirement for posting in the forums?  It doesn't bother me if someone writes hubs, posts in the forums, does both, or neither, just as long as they are respectful of other's opinions.

Disturbia, I suspose its just that when reading hubs from other writers I feel you get to peek inside, and get to know them just a bit.  I just feel like WHO are these people?  Maybe I am too serious, makes me feel like they are hiding.

1. Disturbia profile image59
        Disturbiaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I understand how you feel.  People's backgrounds often determine how they respond to forum posts and if you don't know where someone is coming from, it is very easy to misunderstand something they might have said.  The hubs give some insight I suppose.  I am no mystery here, I have spilled my whole life in my hubs and anyone who reads them will know exactly why I feel the way I do about anything.

You said it perfectly.  Well said Disturbia. Thats exactly where I was coming from.

working