jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Proper way to add a link and copy URL.

1. Cheryl J. profile image79
    Cheryl J.posted 5 years ago

Step by step instructions on the proper way to add a link and copy URL.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

You can copy a link either by right-clicking on the link, then choose "copy link address" or the like, or by highlighting the link in the address bar of your browser, then copy that (CTR +C);

To add the link:

1) In editing mode, type the text as you want it to appear, then highlight that. Click on the chain link icon, then paste in the link (URL) in the box that pops up, click save;

2) Insert a link capsule, usually just above the comments capsule, and then paste the links into that one by one, click save.

1. SteveoMc profile image91
      SteveoMcposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I would only add that on a Mac, the key combination for copy is command plus c (COM+C), and Paste is command plus v (COM+V) the key may also have the apple logo.   This key is the same key as the Alt key on the PC keyboard.   The control key on a mac is used to display drop down menus when combined with mouse click and various other keyboard shortcuts.

3. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Welcome to HubPages! smile

Proper way to add a link and copy URL?

I'm not exactly sure, but I'll try to answer your question.

Proper is subjective to an individual's point of view.

Probably the best way to add a link is to anchor it to a word, this hides the URL within the word. Someone moving their mouse over the link, would then see the link as it is.

To anchor a link, you highlight the word you want to use(best to use a keyword) and click on the "chain-link" icon at the top. You'll see a "chain-link" and a "broken chain-link" icon sitting side by side. One creates links and one destroys links.

Clicking on the "chain-link", will activate a pop up window where you can enter your link. If linking to another Hub, then use the second bar to locate the Hub. Otherwise, enter your link directly into the top bar.

Save it. You're done. wink

1. travelespresso profile image82
      travelespressoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Good answer Cags.  I never knew you should use a key word.  Why is that?

Just to add information Cags gave - you do what he said when you are in capsule edit mode.  I open the website I want to use and then copy the URL directly from there.

Hope this helps and welcome to HubPages.

1. Cagsil profile image83
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey Travel, I don't know why you didn't know that. But, it's nice to see that you learned something new.

The reason for using keywords/tags for burying links is relevance to what you are linking to. Google likes it. wink How relevant your content is to what is being search for, matters. smile

4. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

Thanks SteveoMc, most considerate of you.

5. 2uesday profile image90
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

I really like forum posts like this where someone asks a question and then as you read the replies you discover something new like the 'keyword' info in Cagsil's reply.

Thank you, that is my learn something new for today. smile