jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Amazon Affiliate ads

1. blackjava profile image53
    blackjavaposted 6 years ago

Hi

I've noticed on a lot of blogs that they are set up to advertise their own Amazon products without using the Hubpage Amazon Module. Is this allowed and how does it work. Can I create hubs for the sole purpose of promoting my own products and thus by passing Hubpages Amazon Module? Also not sharing revenue.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

You say "blogs," I assume you mean hubs. You cannot paste HTML code onto HubPages, so the best you could do would be to generate images with the affiliate links underneath.

If you bypass the Amazon capsule, using textual affiliate links instead, you are confined to 2 links in each hub due to the rules concerning "overly promotional" hubs. Other restrictions apply:

http://hubpages.com/faq/#overly_promotional

blackjavaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for replying
      Would I be correct in saying that I can only use my own Amazon Referrals if I don't use Hubpage Amazon modules?
      I'm assuming if I tried to use both I would get the over promotional warning.

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The Amazon modules don't count toward overly promotional, so you could still have two textual affiliate links.

blackjavaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Great, thanks

working