I ASKES HUBPAGES FOR A NEW CATEGORY IN RELIGION AND PHILOSOPHY

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (29 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Antoine Van Hoveposted 13 years ago

Since I felt limited in my expression, I asked HUBPAGES to create a new category:

"NOT TO ANY RELIGION BOUND RELIGIOUS PERSONS".

THIS IS A POSITIVE INITIATIVE; IT IS NOT "AGAINST" ANYTHING!

I JUST DONT WANT MY HUBS AND COMMENTS TO BE CATEGORIZED IN A PLACE WHERE THEY DONT BELONG!

(At the moment they are transferred by hubpages in one of the existing categories, of exisitng religions all the time! This while I am not bound to any religion!)

so, I wanted to ask the community, and of course most of all those people who feel and think the same way like me, what they think of this?

So, therefore I ask for your opinion and support!

If you feel the same, kind request to become a follower, since I write many hubs about this!

ALSO: KIND REQUEST OF THOSE WHO ARE IN FAVOR TO SHARE THIS WITH ALL YOUR FOLLOWERS, PLEASE!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this
      1. profile image0
        Antoine Van Hoveposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Dear Mark, thank you gor the suggestion.

I know this category, but it doesn't offer me that what I feel, being non religious bound religious.

That is the closest I could find. And if you want to turn off the ads on your hubs, go to the hub > edit > box on right > settings > untick "This hub may be considered commercial" > Ad level "None > "Done editing" smile

1. profile image0

Great suggestion, Mark! Will do that for the hubs I want to share freely, without wanting any revenue for it!

1. profile image0

Thank you for your reply!

2. manatita44 profile image73
          manatita44posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Well, some bookshops have 'Ancient Wisdom; some Yoga Philosophy; Spirituality- a broad term; Mind, Body and Spirit as well as Religion.
          What do you think of Alternative Thinking?

2. skyfire profile image78
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

Nice Suggestion.

I want to see 'Religion and Beliefs' category in the Sandpit section. Please.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Amen smile

2. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think you really mean kitty litter box, don't you?
      wink

Kitteh. big_smile

1. Daniel Carter profile image62

lol

You mean maybe like this:

http://www.lol-site.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/b8293_funny-dog-pictures-kitteh-has-right-of-wai.jpg?w=560

Isn't this pretty much the way the religion forums work?

You dog.

I ain't no dog.

It was a tease, not an insult.
              Apologies to you.

LOL - I was kidding. I am a low down dirty dog. big_smile

wink

Alpha Dawg.
                  Or as they say in the west--Dogge.

2. manatita44 profile image73
                  manatita44posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Quite Funny Mark,

But I like it.

3. larryfreeman profile image77
    larryfreemanposted 13 years ago

Hi Antoine,

When I put together these categories, my assumption was that a person would see themselves in 1 of the following:

1.  Newer Religion
    2.  Established Religion (Christianity, Islam, etc.)
    3.  Atheism/Agnosticism
    4.  Philosophy
    5.  Exploring Religions

It seems like your view would suggest a 6th category:

6.  Spiritualism

Am I understanding you correctly?

Thanks,

-Larry

1. profile image0

That could be one possibility how to call it, yes.

Or, those who don't want to identify the Devine in any category, so that is is n longer a constant source of conflict.

Also, the ones who admit our incapability to define the Devine, in whatever projection of it, but who want to experience it, as an imprinted hollow abstraction, but directly as a personal experience.

One danger exists however, that the name "spiritualism" or "spirituality" may possibly and easily, be wrongly explained and understood, and even possibly be used to start projecting concepts of the Devine again.

The core is, that I want a category which could gather those people who are willing to live a personal religiosity, (as personal, not as a collective), as a direct lively lived experience, free of any projections.

Thank you for your reaction.

1. larryfreeman profile image77
        larryfreemanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Antoine,

After scratching my head and thinking about your request, I added the following category:

Religion & Philosophy/Non-denominational Beliefs & Practices

Thanks very much for your suggestion.

-Larry

1. profile image0

Well Larry, it is certainly a good step in the right direction, but please look here:

http://www.answers.com/non-denominational
          which accounts for these groups:

Examples
          The following organizations and institutions label themselves as non-denominational:

Calvary Chapel — mildly charismatic, originating in California
          Christian Congregation in the United States - self-declared non-denominational, non-sectarian.
          Churches of Christ in Christian Union — focuses on free-form worship and evangelism
          Churches of Christ — associated with the Restoration Movement; known for sola scriptura, a cappella worship, and baptism for the forgiveness of sins.
          Evangelical Christian Church in Canada (Christian Disciples)
          Family Stations, Inc. Identifies as a non-denominational, Christian radio ministry. Reformed, conservative, Calvinistic
          Gordon College (Massachusetts) — started by a Baptist church and once part of Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
          Independent Christian Churches/Churches of Christ - also associated with the Restoration Movement like the Churches of Christ above. It is similar in all respects except for the use of instruments in worship as opposed to a cappella.
          Independent Fundamental Churches of America — association of conservative, independent churches
          Local churches — The local churches (Chinese: 地方教會) are a Chinese Christian movement influenced by the teachings of Watchman Nee and Witness Lee and associated with the Living Stream Ministry publishing house. Its members see themselves as separate from other Christian groups, denominations, and movements, part of what they sometimes call "the Lord's recovery
          Newfrontiers — charismatic, of UK origin
          Open Bible Standard Churches — Pentecostal
          Open Brethren — non-charismatic, of UK origin
          Plymouth Brethren
          Sovereign Grace Ministries — identifies itself as "Reformed Charismatic"
          Vineyard Movement — evangelical/charismatic
          World Changers Church International - originating in College Park, Georgia
          Crossroads Christian Church
          While in general these groups will not have formal legal ties between individual congregations and consider themselves non-denominational, outsiders often describe them as denominations in and of themselves due to their close associations, equivalent doctrine, similar worship practices, and the ease of using one name to cover a larger group of churches.[citation needed]

As you can see these are still related to organized groups...

I would like to see a categorie "non-religious bound religious", because this indicates literally, not bound, free of any form of organisation.
          It may be non-religion attached spirituality and religiosity, for instance.

Sorry, to give you maybe the trouble, which is not meant to.

But I am, how rare it may seem to most people, non religion bound religious, which is not atheist as well.

Also look for my replies here: http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Righteous-Atheist

Thanks for the effort! Don't hurt your head too much when scratching it any further... :-)

If you see no way to create a category which expresses what I mean, I will use the proposed category. But still then, it doesn't really express what I feel.

But hey, maybe I am too difficult...

Hi Anotine,

I appreciate the discussion.  :-)

I understand that you are looking for a category such as "independent of the establishment".

The problem that I see is that there really is no ready term for this type of activity (the reason I was scratching my head).  If there is a term that especially, please let me know what it is.

That's how I came up with nondenominational.  While it does include many groups that you do not identify with, it also includes your perspective.

It sounds like you are suggesting that nondenominational requires two subcategories:

i)  Organized Nondenominational
            ii) Independent Nondenomnational

Am I understanding  your concern correctly?

Thanks,

-Larry

1. profile image0

Yep! Completely!

Independent Nondenomnational sounds fine.

Nice scratching!

Do you have a HUB on how that scratching works for you, because I really  wanna know and learn it for myself

:-)

Hi Antonie,

Thanks for confirming.  OK, I added two new subcategories:

Religion and Philosophy → Non-denominational Beliefs & Practices → Independent Nondenominational

and

Religion and Philosophy → Non-denominational Beliefs & Practices → Organized Nondenominational

Cheers,

-Larry

1. profile image0

Thanks Larry. I have sent some more suggestions to the general team hubpages email adress, so you will be ablt to scratch your head some more, I promise...
                  :-)

2. profile image0
      zampanoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And those who don't give a shit but like to tickle abit sometimes..

4. jenblacksheep profile image68
    jenblacksheepposted 13 years ago

I mentioned this in one of the other threads, but noone responded: there should be a philosophy category in the Hubpages Student area! Please!

1. Simone Smith profile image87
      Simone Smithposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for pointing that out!  We've added it now: http://hubpages.com/students

1. jenblacksheep profile image68
        jenblacksheepposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ooooh thats great, thanx!!

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)