jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

My First Hub

1. Anya_Marcot profile image85
    Anya_Marcotposted 5 years ago

I'd like some constructive criticism of my first hub.

Thank you in advance!

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

It is an excellent hub, although a bit short. You will want to aim for 500 words or more.

This reads like a solely personal experience, you speak to the reader directly, which works really well. But in terms of traffic, I think the value of your hub would be enhanced with some background information and references on the subject. In that case, you may want to use headlines and perhaps additional text capsules.

I noticed that you have not provided credits underneath the image. Be sure to comply with copyright laws, where even images licensed for free commercial use typically require accreditation.

3. travelespresso profile image83
    travelespressoposted 5 years ago

Anya your first hub is very good.  I like that you are using a poll. 

Your layout and photograph makes it look as though you've been hubbing for a very long time.  I enjoyed reading it but I thought it was just a little short. 

It took me a long time to learn this, but if you leave the top box for adsense (assuming you've signed up for it) then you can maximise the possibility for earning.  This means you would move your photograph down the page and have sufficient text for the advertisements to display.  You can check this via the preview button.

I hope that you enjoy Hubpages and welcome!

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm not sure how that would work in this case, where there is just one full-sized image taking up the whole screen width. If the image had been aligned alongside the text, then I'd agree.

4. Anya_Marcot profile image85
    Anya_Marcotposted 5 years ago

Thank you so much for the feedback! I will definitely add more text/stories and hopefully it helps! I will also look into the ad placement as well....thank you all so much for your time...

1. pisean282311 profile image60
      pisean282311posted 5 years ago in reply to this

good but bit short...add more content...

2. travelespresso profile image83
      travelespressoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You're very welcome.  Good luck with the next hub!

5. BRIAN SLATER profile image85
    BRIAN SLATERposted 5 years ago

Anya- as others have said, too short-aim for around 1000-1200 words. By having a big picture at the top you are missing out on the large adsense banner at the top right position. If you write say 400 words you will get the advert positioned there. Then add your photo in the next capsule with more content and place your poll further down. Good luck to you.

6. Valeed profile image81
    Valeedposted 5 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages! smile
    Good topic to write a hub. I really liked it, I hope you keep up the good work. Wish you luck. smile