Blogger Backlinks

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (16 posts)
  1. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
    DzyMsLizzyposted 13 years ago

Hi all--

This question is directed at anyone who frequently uses Blogger.

I have several blogs, but am only now getting to where I'm trying to use them to backlink to my HP articles.  So, naturally, I have some questions.

First:  What is that "Link" box/field right under the title space?  Do I put my HP link there?  Or within the article?

Second:  What is the next box down, that says "Show enclosure links" ???  What do they mean by an enclosure link?

Third:  If I put the HP widget on my blog, does that count as backlinking?  Or even help my traffic?  (I'm not actually sure any of this will help, as I don't think my blogs get even as much traffic as my Hubs.)  Bah!

All of this techie stuff is a steep learning curve for me.  Anyone who can help shed some light, you will be much appreciated.

Thanks..

1. lou16 profile image73
      lou16posted 13 years agoin reply to this

First - You highlight the text you want to link to your hub and then click on the link box that you've found and it'll let you enter your hub's url (or any url you want to link to).

Second - I can't see "Show enclosure links" on my blogger post - I've just opened one up that I have in edit mode, but it doesn't appear to be there so I can't help - sorry!

Third - never put the widget on my blog, but when you link to the individual hubs that will count as a backlink.   Whether it will help with your traffic depends on how many people read your blog and how enticed they are to click on your link.

Personally I always think of adding links to my work (whether it's hubs or lenses) is like putting up another signpost to direct people to me - you never know which person is going to use which signpost before deciding to go on a big spending spree through one of your links smile

Hope this helps.

DzyMsLizzyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you.  I do know how to add links within the body text..  just was unsure about the other features.  I'll try and get a screenshot of that enclosure links thingee....

In the case of the current 2 articles I wanted to highlight, however, I decided to simply put the links as obvious links following the text...thusly:

"I've written 2 more articles in far more detail ... ... ..  click here:

http:// ... etc etc... "

The first image is when you first arrive at 'make new post' ; the second is if you click on that 'enclosure links,' and it opens up.  I just don't know what to do with that.

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4419795_f248.jpg

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4419802_f248.jpg

OK--wow--those are really small and hard to see--but the feature I'm talking about is in the upper left just below the title field.

2. saleheensblog profile image60
        saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

your encloser link is turned off. To turn on enclosure links, just go to Settings > Formatting and set the “Show Link fields” option to “Yes.”

2. saleheensblog profile image60

First: If add a url of your hub in the link box the title of the blog post will be linking your hub and if someone click on the title s/he will be directed to your hub.

Second: With the new enclosure links UI, you can turn your blog into a podcast quite easily. Just paste in the URLs of your recorded media, and your blog will instantly become a podcast.

Third: Yes

(Actually--the hide/show link is right there in the blog template without need for going to 'settings.')

Ohh... I see. Thank you very much.  Gee--would it have been just "too much" for Blogger to include that in a "what's this?" or "more info" link??

Hmm...I wonder how many people know that, and would click on the title?  Interesting.  Thanks so much again for the explanation.

As far as podcasts or recorded media--I'm a long way from learning or doing that!  ;-)

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image85

Ohhh....I tried that, and it worked, but did not "work for me," because if clicking the title opens my hub pages article, then I am unable to click the title in order to get the direct URL for that particular blog post.

Sooo...do the "enclosure links" have to be media for podcasts?  Or could those be links to hubs instead?

1. saleheensblog profile image60

You better try contextual linking. Insert the links in the text with the help of chain icon when editing posts. Linking the title is not a good idea and you have already mentioned a problem though you can get rid of the problem if you select to show full posts rather than read more feature.

Enclosure links have to be media.

I am only a one week blogger like you. More experienced bloggers may have better idea. I am still learning.

3. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, you can add your widget but I think adding your RSS feed is even better, because it will show more Hubs:

"Add a Gadget" in your sidebar.  Choose the "HTML/Javascript" gadget. Paste this code into it:

http://hubpages.com/author/DzyMsLizzy/TAG/hot/?rss

Obviously, replace "subject" with whatever is appropriate for you - it will then show Hubs with that tag. 

That is an excellent point.  Personally I don't link ANY of my blogs to my Hubs.  I do the reverse - so, for instance, if I write a Hub on belly dance, I link to my belly dancing blog.  If I write a Hub on flamenco, I link to my flamenco website. 

HubPages has some authority, so links from here will help boost your blogs.  Your blogs have no authority so they won't do much for your Hubs.

P.S. You should add links to all your blogs on your HubPages profile.

Oh.

Thanks, Marissa.  Gee, every time I think I've learned something, I'm proven wrong.  LOL

So, is the "subject" the "TAG"  portion you've used in your example?

I have one or two links that are circular links.... going each way from hub to blog and back.  I guess that is of little use...I figured, whichever place someone landed first, they would then find the other.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86

You know the "tag" section on your Hub?  If you're writing a Hub about cats, I assume you would always include the tag "cats".  So if you put "cats" where I've put the word "TAG", the code will display your Hubs with that tag.

You want to create links for two reasons.  One is so real people will click on them.  The other, more importantly, is to impress Google - and Google is not impressed by "circular" links!

Google is always judging websites and Hubs to decide where on its search engine results they should appear.  One criteria they use is to see how many other sites link to it.  The theory is that if a site (or Hub) is good, lots of other people will want to link to it.  So if links to a site (or Hub) appear all over the internet, Google will rank it high in its search engine results.

Of course, website owners tumbled to this long ago, so now we all run around creating our own links to our sites, instead of waiting for other people to do it!  That works, because Google can't tell who made the link.   However if the link goes both ways, they get suspicious - obviously there's either some collusion going on, or the same person made both sites.  So Google ignores them, and therefore they're doing you no good.

I hope all that makes sense!

2. profile image0
    china manposted 13 years ago

I am clearly way behind you as you seem to be speaking Chinese big_smile  I am also interested as I have yet to set up logs in the first place.

3. Michael Durden profile image69
    Michael Durdenposted 13 years ago

I recommend downloading the free Firefox add on "nodofollow" which will let you know if something is counting as a dofollow link or not: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo … odofollow/

Ok--thanks for that info--I do use Firefox sometimes, although I've found it's more likely to freeze up and crash than IE....  weird, as I was told it was more stable.
        ::: shrug :::

I could download that...but then would I know how to use it?

For example, I have Google Analytics, but I can't figure it out.  It's too complicated, telling me too many things, and I've no idea what is what or how to 'fix" anything.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86

MsLizzy, I wouldn't worry about it.  If you're not ready to fight with Analytics or do follow links yet, don't do it!

4. profile image53
    govern137posted 13 years ago

The only links I know is back linking,links the keywords to promote the sites and is being counted in google.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)