jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Duplicate Content issue

1. homecinema profile image60
    homecinemaposted 5 years ago

One of my pages was listed as duplicate content. I got an email showing where the content was copied. I contacted the website concerned and reported breach of copyright and they removed the article. So now hubpages is the only place this article appears. I emailed hubpages to inform them but got no answer. I got an automated email saying cleared for publication. But in my profile still listed as duplicate in red under the page. Does this disappear on its own?

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

The duplicates may still sit in Google cache for awhile. The warning should disappear soon enough.

3. kevinwang128 profile image62
    kevinwang128posted 5 years ago

is there a way to put a mark in your article to tell google that it is the original piece ?

1. I am DB Cooper profile image66
      I am DB Cooperposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If there were, wouldn't you think everyone would put that on every article, whether it was copied or not?

2. 0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Great question!

There is usually no need, because they know this already. They have a pretty clear picture of what was published first. One exception is where a duplicate site gets indexed faster than the original site.

Of course, a publisher can secure evidence to submit to Google and web hosts with a DMCA complaint. Digital fingerprints, for example.