jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

my article has been hijacked!

1. edelhaus profile image85
    edelhausposted 5 years ago

I just found my article has been copied and literally, word for word, put up on another website.  What's even worse, is that it has a better ranking than my original article.  I've written a letter to the website asking that they remove it and still haven't heard back. Anybody else have this problem?  If so, how did you resolve it?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I try to contact the person who copied it, if he/she will not respond, I write to the people who run the site, then DMCA if not resolved. I have no luck with china cites.

Just the other day I have a hub copied at squidoo, I wrote them and they told me to contact the lens owner, there is no information on the profile to contact the owner of the lens. I am waiting what will squidoo do. I am beginning to be frustrated and was turned off with their reply. With Snipsly they immediately removed my hub copied there.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

You may need to file a DMCA complaint with the website host. You can also do that with Google, in case the site runs AdSense.

This link is only for illustrative purposes, as it pertains to the opposite situation, namely where the offending material is posted on HubPages.

3. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

You know…, I’m beginning to think that all these thefts have lawsuit potential… It is money theft and intentional infliction of emotional distress. A simple subpoena gets the IP address from the website of the poster; and then the poster ID from the ISP.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

you're right paradigm.

4. edelhaus profile image85
    edelhausposted 5 years ago

Ah, a lawsuit... I have to say, when I realized that my article was copied word for word, I was furious and incredulous at the same time.  I mean, my God, by the time a person has finished skimming the net for possible articles to plagiarize, then cut and pasted them to their own site, they could have written their own half way decent article. 

It's really infuriating.

I'm giving the website one more day to respond, then I'll see about taking it further.

5. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

Vengeance is a dish best served cold...

6. 0
    Muldanianposted 5 years ago

I have discovered one of my stories listed on a Russian site.  I typed in the title of one of my stories on google, simply out of interest, and saw it listed in English, on this Russian site.  It even had the profile name, which I use on most sites listed.  As I don't read Russian, I do not know if it is listed as being written by someone else, who is using my profile name, as well as my story.