jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

Don't you just love the random Amazon sprees?

1. 0
    ryankettposted 5 years ago

Every so often, although not often enough, I get somebody going insane through my Amazon capsules.

Yesterday it looks a big Samsung fan decided to tech out his or her living room, I sold about 10 Samsung items including an AV reciever at over $200 and a $250 3D Blu-Ray player, whilst I can't be certain it looks as if the same person spent around $1500 on Samsung gear (damn 4% cap).

The best bit is that I can't think of a single Samsung item or similar branded item that I sell which could have evoked this spree, for all I know he could have been looking at something entirely different and then had a craving to splash some cash.

I needed that though, my month is in danger sloping off into near zero growth again, but I should at least beat my Amazon this month by a fair bit on January.

1. ThomasE profile image81
      ThomasEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's wonderful, Ryan.

2. CASE1WORKER profile image86
    CASE1WORKERposted 5 years ago

I to had a little spree yesterday- sales increased by half in the month 8 to 12- only thing is they were all low value- never mind the samsung could be around the corner!

well done Ryan and  hopefully you can send some of your good fortune my way!

1. ThomasE profile image81
      ThomasEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I had a weird one on the first day of the month - someone decided to buy 18 ties, all the same color. Don't know what they will do with them. Couldn't believe it - first time I have ever been above the bottom tier on the first day of the month.

1. 0
        ryankettposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Maybe it was for a stag party or a sports team night out smile

3. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

Yes, it's fun when that happens.  Totally out of the blue someone goes crazy with an open wallet.

It happened to me before Christmas and someone splurged something over $900 on power tools, buying 6 or 8 different things.  And with no 4% cap, even!

4. Pandoras Box profile image81
    Pandoras Boxposted 5 years ago

Love the TV sales. One of my early sales was a samsung tv and bluray player. It quickly convinced me.

5. Mikeydoes profile image80
    Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago

I've been doing great, minus the previous 2 days. I woke up today and sold 3 things $100 items. Always a big boost to the beginning of the day.

6. 0
    ryankettposted 5 years ago

Seems like yesterday was a good day for many of us smile

1. Mikeydoes profile image80
      Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have a feeling that is going to be an every day thing.. very, very soon.

1. 0
        ryankettposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Expect a downturn in April for tax returns, but other than that we should see consistancy return for the duration of the year.

I don't like January, I don't much like February either, but March is my birthday month and the start of the year for me smile

7. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

NICE! big_smile I wouldn't mind one about now..

8. Uzdawi profile image34
    Uzdawiposted 5 years ago

For me yesterday was historic tongue, I sold a very expensive telescope (Celestron CPC 1100 StarBright XLT GPS Schmidt-Cassegrain 2800mm Telescope ), I should collect 182 dollars from that sale:)smile, it is twice as much as I made in October.