jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Has the dust settled yet?

1. Spacey Gracey profile image75
    Spacey Graceyposted 5 years ago

...it's been 9 days. My traffic looks pretty steady?

I am itching to get on with some research to see what the winning webpages look like in my niche, but don't want to waste my time if there's still tweaking going on.

1. Richieb799 profile image68
      Richieb799posted 5 years ago in reply to this

My previous best hub has remained at around 400 views a day compare to 1000 that it had before, however another similar hub that usually received 200 views a day has more than doubled in traffic! Google works in mysterious ways!

2. cre8tive profile image81
    cre8tiveposted 5 years ago

My bet (just from previous experience of implementing computer system changes) is that there is still some tweaking going on.

However, it could go on for weeks and there's only so long you can stop doing stuff for.

I'm begining to start doing bits again, but am starting with stuff that has remained pretty stable.

It's a real 'how long is a peice of string' conundrum unfortunately.

3. GarfieldGates profile image84
    GarfieldGatesposted 5 years ago

I would say that the dust still hasn't quite settled yet based on what I have been reading on the HP blog as well as in the forums.  It seems like many people (writers, HP staff, and other content companies) are still trying to get a handle on what exactly happened and what trends are emerging.  So far, everyone is still in a bit of a stupor/daze about what exactly happened and the best practices will look like moving forward.

4. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 5 years ago

By my reckoning, it's going to take at least a month of stats to get any sort of solid idea on how things have shaken out.

1. KeithTax profile image80
      KeithTaxposted 5 years ago in reply to this

In the mean time I have a business to run. When I search "IRS audit help" and the IRS website doesn't make the cut I no longer find that search engine to have relevance or authority. I switched my homepage to Yahoo and have also started using Bing for the first time ever. My clients don't care about Google's problems. They have an IRS audit issue now. If I can't trust Google search for the obvious searches, how can I trust them when I need a search I am unsure of what I need?

5. Spacey Gracey profile image75
    Spacey Graceyposted 5 years ago

Thanks guys, I appreciate hearing the voice of experience.

There's plenty of other stuff I can be getting on with so my time isn't wasted. I really want to get a grip on ad placement, quantity and affiliate links but I think its going to have to wait a bit longer.

6. Shil1978 profile image89
    Shil1978posted 5 years ago

Don't think so - too early to come to any conclusions! I am not sure whether any manual overrides are effected by G, or whether the algo change is a done deal and has a finality to it. I say this because I've seen G ask for feedback on its Webmaster Central forum here,

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/W … &hl=en