jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Finding your hub on google

1. Delaney Knows profile image59
    Delaney Knowsposted 6 years ago

Is there a fast way to find if/where you hub is on google? Obviously if it's on the first or second page, it's no problem. But can you find it without looking through a lot of pages if it's way back there?

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image91
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you don't find it on the first two pages, then you probably ought to do a lot more promotion/backlinking, and then look for it again in about a week.

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image91

Example:  I wrote a hub called "The Duke Pecan Nutcracker" or something like that; my hub ranks above the Duke Pecan Nutcracker's own article, or it did the last that I'd checked.

Now, surely, there aren't a lot of people writing about that dang nutcracker, so I, without trying even, just lucked into the front page with a decent, yet short hub about the thing.

Obviously though, if you are going to write about the new Kindles or Iphones, you'll have some serious work to do, and five tons of backlinking and promotion to even hit page five.

1. rorymullen profile image59
        rorymullenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I often time try to make tittles longer so that if people are searching for a statement they have more to look for. All of my articles are on or around the first page of Google for the search terms I use. Often times if I use a search term and find that it is being ranked on the first page I will add that to my tags.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image91

I might tinker with some of my shorter titles then.  I always enjoy looking at search terms after a hub has been around, and adjusting my title that way, or with the title tuner.  I'm not so into researching keywords and stuff.  I just sort of get an urge to write a hub, and go for it; I can always make changes to the title later on, of course.

2. 2besure profile image81
    2besureposted 6 years ago

Several of my hubs are back on the first page of Google.

working