jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Brand New Hub Started With Too Low Score, Help!

1. Glenn Raymond profile image60
    Glenn Raymondposted 5 years ago

The other night I was putting on a new hub.  For some reason my computer or internet tossed me off and I could not get back on untill the next day.  (I am suspecting Windows Explorer?)  So, the next day, I got back on and clicked to edit the saved draft.  I finished the article and did the photos and such.  I published it.  Right away the score was below 50, on a long and very marketable hub.  It has had 8 clicks and has dropped even further.  It is at 44 or 46 now.  The statistics chart does not show a problem. 

So, why is it so low to start out, and why is it dropping?  Also, how can I fix this?  Please help, because I really need to know.  I would love to fix this and get it up where it should be. Please, I am begging.

Thank You.

1. Mark Knowles profile image61
      Mark Knowlesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I would guess Hubpages are playing with their ranking system and it is going to take longer to rank internally than it used to.

I wouldn't worry about it - normal service will eventually be resumed. big_smile

Glenn Raymondposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you so much for your wonderful input Mark.  I do feel a little better.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Hey Glenn, it happens from time to time. I wouldn't worry too much about it. I've had hubs published and watched them dip down for a couple of days and then rise. wink

Glenn Raymondposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Cagsil,

Thank you for telling me this.  It is good to know I shouldn't panic over it yet.  Now I can feel the old ticker slowing back to its usual beat.

You have both helped with the great answers.

working