jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Moving content to Hubpages- Impossible

1. Hogan Quick profile image59
    Hogan Quickposted 5 years ago

One really frustrating ordeal is trying to move my content from my other blogs onto Hubpages. What always ends up happening is that I am accused of  posting duplicate content (even though I have removed it from my other blog). I do realize that my content is ripped off and posted everywhere on the web (word for word) from Hubpages and other blog sites like Blogger, and I can't control that.  Anyone have success moving content to Hubpages?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You're not being "accused", Hogan. HubPages can't tell whether you're copying your own work or stealing someone else's, so they're not being nasty about it, they're just stating a fact.

Duplicate content is not allowed on HubPages. You need to delete the content from your other blog then WAIT for a while, until the content disappears from Google.

How long that takes will vary.  For instance, I deleted some content from my blogs and posted it a week later with no problems - but I know it can sometimes take a few weeks.

If your content has been stolen by others, then the first thing you should do is go after the thieves, (while your blog posts are still live, so you can prove you were there first).

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 5 years ago

Moving content from other sites to HubPages is only going to work when 1) it's not been duplicated anywhere else and 2) the cached copies of where it used to be located have cleared from the search engines.

3. Peter Hoggan profile image84
    Peter Hogganposted 5 years ago

If you have administrative rights to the site where the articles were initially hosted you can use robots.txt to block the spiders from those pages. Search engines will drop those pages pretty quick. You could also set up a 301 redirect to let search engines know that the content has been moved.

If you do nothing it could take months for the old page to be removed from the current index and your hubs will be seen as duplicates.

1. IzzyM profile image84
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Peter Hubpages aren't allowing anyone to publish any duplicate content now.

4. Peter Hoggan profile image84
    Peter Hogganposted 5 years ago

Yep, the explanation I gave was to get the old pages out of the index fast so you can post on hubpages.