jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Vote your own hub up?

1. Spradle profile image61
    Spradleposted 5 years ago

ive noticed that I am given the option that I can vote my own hub up. . . does this do me any good?

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Nah, but if it makes you feel good…. smile

2. 2uesday profile image89
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

Hi Sprandle, maybe it is a bit like the saying "If you talk to yourself you always get the answer you want."

Spradleposted 5 years ago in reply to this

haha ok thanks!
      Does it even help with others vote your hub up?

Spradleposted 5 years ago in reply to this

*when others vote your hub up

3. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

I've read that voting a hub up no longer does it any good.

And remember - hub/author score is irrelevant when it comes to getting traffic or earnings.

4. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Vote up your own hub? You can do it, but what matters is the uniqueness of clicks on the vote up or down. That means, it only really matters if it's not you doing it. wink

5. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

I'm not convinced it's irrelevant, those first 5 top hubbers on the first page of Hubbers definitely receive increased traffic and probably earnings also. I read something recently from the CEO in which he said high ranking hubbers are rewarded with more exposure. I haven't managed to make it the top 5, I think I made it to 6 once, and you do get more traffic.
    [You also get your hubs copied more often, ask Patty.. hmm]

http://www.siliconvalleywatcher.com/mt/ … a_diff.php
    I know Patty did recently state she has seen increased earnings with the HP ads.

In context to the OP, I don't think rating your own hub would make a difference, it probably doesn't count.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's still not relevant to the original question, because it's been said many times - the voting up and down buttons have very little impact on your Hubscore now.