jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

1. Glamorously Jacob profile image61
    Glamorously Jacobposted 5 years ago

Hi Hubbers!

I'm brand new to Hub Pages and really like this product. I've been blogging for the last 2 years, but I got tired of maintaining wordpress, so now I'm migrating over to Hub Pages to just focus on my writing.

I've been importing articles from my blog today into hubs, and then setting up 301 redirects from the blog page to the hubpage to ensure that my content is not duplicated on the web.

Well, low and behlod, I forgot to add a 301 redirect to one of my articles tonight, and about 15 minutes after publishing it I got a moderator message with a "duplicated" annotation on my hub.

All of my writing is 100% original--this was just a technical error on my part. I have since fixed the issue. However, I did not resubmit for posting yet, and sent an email to the moderator to explain the situation.

Has this happened to anyone before? I don't want to be on bad terms with the moderator early on--hoping to make my writing aspirations long term with Hub Pages.

1. SimeyC profile image89
      SimeyCposted 5 years ago in reply to this

As long as the technical error is cleared up and the duplication no longer exists, then the hub will be published. Moderators here don't hold a grudge, they simply do their job efficiently!

Welcome to Hubpages!

2. Michael Willis profile image77
    Michael Willisposted 5 years ago

Welcome to HubPages. The moderator may just republish the hub after they receive your e-mail and verify your information.

3. Glamorously Jacob profile image61
    Glamorously Jacobposted 5 years ago

Thanks SimeyC and Michael for your replies!

I just imported my latest article, and I got duplicated again. This time I was sure to time it so that the article on my blog had the 301 redirect in place by the time I published my hub.

I'm guessing HubPages has some automation on the back end to quickly pick-up duplication, but I wonder if it's just checking say the Google search description and not the actual landing page; cause, if it checked the landing page, the automation would see that the page is redirected back to my hub--thus preventing duplication.

My original blog article:
    <snipped link>

Here's my imported hub:
    <snipped link>

Any thoughts? The theme of my writing is related to men's grooming/fashion, so I have a lot of product reviews to import--just hoping this isn't going to be a frequent thing.

4. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

You need to allow time for your blogs to be cleared from Google cache.