jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

What is this website, what is it for, and how does it pay?

1. Littlestar714 profile image60
    Littlestar714posted 5 years ago

I am completly new to this website. I get the jist of it, but I would still like to know (in human terms) what the site is, in a nutshell, what kinds of things you can do, what exactly a hub is, what you can write about and what you get paid for, if anything, etc? Can your articles be opinion-based also? How much do/can you make off articles? Are there any other things I should know about before I get started here? Thank you in advance!

1. sofs profile image88
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Read  the FAQ 's and the learning center for all the information you need .

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

There are a number of sites that pay for articles; HubPages isn't one of them, as you retain copyright in your work and get the chance to make advertisement revenue through affiliate programs. To be realistic, if you want to be sure to make some income from your work, you should sign up with some of the other sites and start submitting your work to them.

3. mdlawyer profile image62
    mdlawyerposted 5 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages.  Hubpages is a place wherre you can publish your writings.  You will get paid through affiliates including Google. Read more at the above given links. Visit the forums and learn more about online writing.

1. 0
      zampanoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hmmm... Would that be a light frrench accent You got there ?

This site is used for fun too.

4. sofs profile image88
    sofsposted 5 years ago

This is primarily an article submission site. I hope that is appreciated, and promoted as such.

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree, that is a good way to put it.