jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Suggestion on follow/donot follow scores

1. 0
    Multimanposted 5 years ago

Since googles new launch outside the usa the thing is killing all my hub scores and lowering them dramaticlly, since they are not getting visited by google like they use to.  Now I am new, but i had been getting on many page more visits from goole than anything else, now that is dramtically lowered.

how about dropping he score that cuts of the do follow from what I hear and believe to be 75 down to about 15 points lower to help with this it might be a little help in garnering more google with their new spider stuff, say down to 65 or even bette 60.

just a thought.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Individual hubs must fall below 40 before they become nofollow.  The 75 you reference is the hubber score - the number on your profile.  None of my hubs have ever fallen to below 40 even though some get only 1-2 views per month.  It hasn't been a problem.

Neither has my hubber score ever fallen to 75 after once climbing into the 80's, even though I have not written a hub in a couple of months.

1. Cagsil profile image83
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Agreed smile

2. 0
        Multimanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Is the do not follow score below 40 or is that the score that will cause the hub to become unpublished, my understanding was the do not follow was not the same as unpublish and the score was 75 or above to keep the hub from having a do not follow code put in for the google spider.

1. Cagsil profile image83
          Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If your authorscore(the number on your profile) gets below 75 AND a hubscore of a hub, goes to 40 or lower, then all links on that hub would be nofollow.

At least, that is my understanding of it.

2. melbel profile image93
    melbelposted 5 years ago

I'm not sure I understand how lowering the current no-follow standard to an even lower number would be beneficial to HubPages traffic. The only thing it would help is traffic to sites linked in hubs as more of them would be counted as do-follow.

I, for one, have always been for making the requirement for a do-follow link higher... to like 70 or 75 or something so that a hubber should have to work harder in order to bring link juice to whatever link they are trying to promote.

1. 0
      Multimanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am only two months into this so I only know what I had read that the donot follow score was just below 75.   If it is lower than that then so much the better.  The only reason it might be beneficial now is that if google is already not following a lot like it used to for scoring on the alogrithm, then lowereing might percentage wise increase the follow hubs a little.  But I was under the impression if they fell below 40 they might be unpublished, but I did not think that was the same as making the hub a do not follow hub for google.

3. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 5 years ago

my understanding is that it is an OR not an AND

hub below 40 - that hub is nofollow
    hubberscore below 75 = all hubs nofollow

anyways, i only commented because I wanted a donut follow also, yum!

OP, So why is this forum question nearly unintelligible?... in logic and in writing style?

Yet, your profile is engaging and flawless..while the hubs ..eh ..