jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Can your hub score decrease if you follow people who have low hub scores?

1. ChristyWrites profile image79
    ChristyWritesposted 5 years ago

Can your hub score decrease if you follow people who have low hub scores?

2. JKenny profile image93
    JKennyposted 5 years ago

I heard that too, so I try not to follow anyone with a score of 75 or less. But I'm not sure that its actually true.

3. teaches12345 profile image94
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

Good question, Christy. I do not know the answer but let's hope someone can help us on this.  I would guess that it doesn't matter as Hubpages encourages community and this would be somewhat detrimental to the purpose.

4. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 5 years ago

The HubScores of other users have zero effect on yours, both who you follow or who follows you.

But why would you follow someone with a really low HubScore, since that tends to indicate that their writing/content is poor quality?

ChristyWritesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks relache for the info!

2. Marc Rohde profile image70
      Marc Rohdeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

In my case I was/am following new people I referred.  In theory they should raise quickly but in their first days they are dropping in score.

5. Marc Rohde profile image70
    Marc Rohdeposted 5 years ago

This is a great question, and was found this by looking for the same answer.  I noticed a drop in my hub score after following some new users.  The same question was asked a couple years ago and it seems like nobody really knows.

http://hubpages.com/question/52289/is-i … -hub-score

You did some research, I am impressed Marc smile

6. Trinity M profile image82
    Trinity Mposted 5 years ago

Don’t really have the answer to this question but I try to follow people who write interesting, well-written and informative hubs regardless of their score. I’ve seen enough people get a low score on hub pages due to some violation but that was no reflection whatsoever on their writing abilities. I agree with @teaches12345 on this one! smile

Good to know, thanks!

Closed to reply

working