jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Typo in Title

1. American_Choices profile image86
    American_Choicesposted 5 years ago

During my fast and furious effort to type and submit, I found I have a typo in my title.

I know the rule is you cannot change the title.  Must I completely delete and start again?

1. Aficionada profile image93
      Aficionadaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It is the URL that cannot be changed.  You actually can change the title and sometimes we are advised to do so.  If you do change the title it will no longer match the URL exactly - but maybe it didn't anyway.  I have one or two hubs with typos in the URL's, but which I corrected in the titles.  It's up to you to decide whether to leave as is or to delete and start over.

1. Debby Bruck profile image87
        Debby Bruckposted 5 years ago in reply to this

A good number of my hubs have the original URL title, with misspelling and all. I have later made corrections or changed them drastically. It's okay if you are not a perfectionist. It is also recommended in some instances to leave the search much broader than the finished title. I don't know where I read about this, but I think it was one of the newer hubpages tutorials.

I have also written a tutorial with a demo of the "title tuner" feature which really works!

1. Aficionada profile image93
          Aficionadaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm sure the OP will appreciate your information.

2. mdlawyer profile image60
    mdlawyerposted 5 years ago

Better delete and start anew.

3. mdlawyer profile image60

But I think the original URL cannot be changed

You are correct. The original URL with all the misspellings, incorrect grammar or any other words or mistakes remain in the URL. The only thing you can change is the appearance of the title in your Hubpages article. Sorry, if I was not clear on that.

One other interesting point of information: Sometimes when a word is commonly misspelled, then people actually search for it with the incorrect spelling. Thus, you might actually get some "hits" on the search engine this way.

1. Rosie2010 profile image83
        Rosie2010posted 5 years ago in reply to this

what a good idea!  Thanks Debbie!  You are so right about people misspelling words and you might just get a hit.

Ha, ha, ha...  I know that some people actually do his intentionally to get those other hits.
          I'm a bit of stickler and do like to spell correctly if I can.

One funny thing happened on my most recent hub.
          I wrote the word "world" instead of "word" and did not even notice until a couple of days later.

4. mdlawyer profile image60

Exactly. What Debbie said is correct.  Some people are thriving on the mistakes of people.  All popular URLs have such other sites that are run by others with one letter changed.  These mistakes are intentionally made to catch and encash the innocent mistakes of the general public.

working