jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

problem on a hub

1. Sinea Pies profile image84
    Sinea Piesposted 5 years ago

I already asked this on "need help, ask here" and got some very kind replies but still don't know how to fix it so I've moved over to the Report a Problem forum.

My new hub on M&M candies has a big white space and I don't know how to remove it.  Some have talked about doing it with html...which I do not have skill with...but I don't even know where to find the html code.  How can I remove the white space please?

http://hubpages.com/hub/M-M

1. Peter Owen profile image60
      Peter Owenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It could be that in the capsule that contains the white space, you might have held down the space bar after your last typed word without knowing it.
      try hittting edit for the capsule that contains the wihite space. Go to the last word in that section and hold down the delete button. Then save and see if it did anything

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

-Go into editing mode.
    -Open the text capsule that contains the text that precedes the white space;
    - After the words "again from Bright Ideas!", use the mouse to highlight all the way to the buttom of the capsule (or all the way until the next word, if there are addtional words in the same capsule);
    - Click "delete";
    - Save the changes.

seems we had the same idea, but you gave her more specific instructions - good for you.

1. 0
        Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. Indeed, I was typing my post as you posted, so did not see it. I was about to compliment you for suggesting to use the "delete" key; that is also a workable idea.

If it works, I'll split the reward with you

2. Sinea Pies profile image84
      Sinea Piesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Website Examiner and Peter Owen, you are both GENIUSES!  Thank you thank you thank you!  It worked brilliantly.  Sorry, no reward except extreme gratitude.

3. mdlawyer profile image60
    mdlawyerposted 5 years ago

Yes, gratitude is immeasurable, boundless and priceless.

4. Rosie2010 profile image83
    Rosie2010posted 5 years ago

When I looked at your hub, I didn't see any big white space, so I'm glad you found the way to remove them from Peter Owen and Website Examiner.  With the new text editor, we don't have that problem anymore.  The new text editor automatically remove extra spaces, whether you like or not.  If you want extra spaces between paragraphs or capsules, you have to add extra spaces yourself using html.

working