If there were such a thing as reincarnation........

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)
  1. Diane Inside profile image73
    Diane Insideposted 12 years ago

and you could take with you one little bit of knowledge with you into you next life what would it be?

My dad told me once that I was different from my sister, he said that I was a really unruly kid but became pretty sweet and no trouble at all as a teenager.  While my sister on the other hand was the opposite sweet little kid but a hellian as a teenager.

My response to my dad was. " Well if I knew then what I know now, I would have been a hellian the whole time I was at home."

So I would take this little bit of info.

" Being a hellian is a whole lot more fun."

lol

What's yours?

2. Chaotic Chica profile image61
    Chaotic Chicaposted 12 years ago

Honestly, I would bring with me the knowledge that the only person whose opinion about me really matters is me!

3. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 12 years ago

Well growing up as a child, I was always too scared to try anything that might've angered my father, as i was always scared of him.  Granted, my brother was never scared, but he always had friends that would encourage him.  Whereas me, I didn't have any friends at all, so I was under the direct influence of fear with my mother being the only light of encouragement growing up. 

I tried to tell my brother this fact whenever he says that I have no excuses because...blah blah..we grew up exactly the same way.  However, he fails to realize that's not the case, as he often has trouble seeing past his obvious point of view...

Therefore, I take one thing with me going into my next life if there is one, then I would definitely bring in the knowledge of never allowing fear to run my own life.  Even when things are at their worst, I would try to remember how empty life is if you don't at least try to do the things you want out of life, and to never allow anyone to tell you who you are, as it's not up to them.  It's up to the person in the mirror to determine who you are, and nobody else.

1. Diane Inside profile image73
      Diane Insideposted 12 years agoin reply to this

so true,  thats a good one, fear gets in the way so much of the time.

1. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. smile

4. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

The knowledge I've gained and continue to expand upon, brings me the wisdom to discern truth. As a child(as my hub states about my father) growing years were difficult to begin with.

My father and I spent sometime together during a portion of my younger years, roughly up to age 7. I lost him for a couple of years. I didn't know where he was, because my mother and him had divorced. My mother moved on to another relationship, shortly thereafter. My father wasn't an educated man, by all stretch of the word, but he was very wise.

I learned from him, that I am me and have no need to pretend to be someone else. He said I was unique and that I would understand one day. Being unique or different isn't a problem. I spent many years in religion, at the request of my mother. It was her decision that I give "God" a chance(the belief). I learned much from that experience.

The one thing I would take from that, which has made me who I am today, I am my own authority when it comes to who I am and what I represent to others. With that authority comes responsibility. That is full responsibility for self. With that knowledge, I am limitless in the things I do and how I live my life.

1. Chaotic Chica profile image61
      Chaotic Chicaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's a much more eloquent way to state 'to thine own self be true'!

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've learned more on that as well. I've written how to go about it. smile

Edit: Thank you for the compliment. smile big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)