jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Getting Google adsense through hubpages

1. Jade89 profile image80
    Jade89posted 5 years ago

Hi There

I’m currently trying to get a Google adsense account approved by using hubpages in order to make use of the hubpages ad campaign. The problem is that after applying I received a message from adsense saying that I couldn’t be accepted because the domain ownership wasn’t evident and that I needed to copy and paste something in the 'Website URL' field before re-submitting.

This is completely confusing. Is it possible to apply through hubpages? I used my profile address when applying, was this wrong?

Please help!

1. sofs profile image88
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This is the URl you need to give..
      http://hubpages.com/profile/Jade89   your profile URL.  Yes you can apply through hubpages it may take a week to months for Google to approve.

Jade89posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the reply!

That is the URL  applied with that's why I was so surprised to see the reason for it not being accepted.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

AdSense has been giving these error messages for some time, and several Hubbers have been having a hard time getting approved. Your profile URL is the correct one. The thing about proving domain ownership is not applicable for HubPages.

From what I know, those who got the problem solved went through the AdSense support forum, and finally staff got involved. If you search the forums here and for AdSense, you will see the previous discussions.

Okay. Thanks a lot!
      I'm glad to know that I'm not at all the only one experiencing (or who has experienced) this.
      Thanks for the reply.

1. jacqui2011 profile image86
        jacqui2011posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi Jade 89, I had exactly the same problem as you. In the end as Website Examiner said, I contacted the google adsense forum and asked them to delete my original application in order that I could reapply again. They did this and I reapplied through the Hubpages sign up for adsense. The reason my application was rejected was that I had applied for adsense directly through google and not through HP as I should have. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply Jacqui!
          My problem seems to have been not mine but a googleadsense one as I re-sent exactly the same info and this morning received an email saying I've been approved!
          The problem now is that I seem to be having a hard time linking my adsense to my hubpages account. It keeps me stuck on the same page!