jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (14 posts)

Best Post-Panda Article Submission Sites

1. daybreak profile image64
    daybreakposted 5 years ago

I did not want to hijack Garret's thread, but was hoping to hear input concerning article submissions since Google's panda update took effect.

Like many of us, I have curtailed article submissions in the last year or so, but still do limited off-site submissions of content, including article directories.

It sounds like many of us discontinued using some of the big name article submission sites long ago due to hyper-picky and sometimes illogical moderating.

In spite of the decreased value of article submission sites, there are probably still some good values out there.

My favorite article submission site (before and after panda) is articlesbase, but have had good success with several others.

My reasoning is that if articles can provide a long term source of traffic, they can certainly have value, regardless of whether they have SEO benefits.

Who is still using article submissions?

Do you use a single site or do you have a list of favorites?

2. 0
    klarawieckposted 5 years ago

I keep hearing all this talk about "the panda incident" which to me, it sounds like a government conspiracy. Who is this PANDA that has defined a new hubpages era?

1. daybreak profile image64
      daybreakposted 5 years ago in reply to this

"Panda" was a recent Google update which had impacts on many search engine rankings.

The update is also called "farmer" in some discussions.

Although there was an initial "update", it was reported to be a series of updates and may still be in process.

The success of the updates has been debated heavily.

1. 0
        klarawieckposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ah! Got it! Thanks for sharing. Yes, it has been the cause of much debate, but as always, I'm the last one to find out. smile

3. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 5 years ago

I will say guest blogging is back. smile

4. nanospeck profile image74
    nanospeckposted 5 years ago

hi daybreak,

i have little experience in article sumbission. now after panda update im totally bewildered where to submit. could you specifically share the directories which you curtailed and the ones which you prefer after the update.

5. daybreak profile image64
    daybreakposted 5 years ago

To clarify, I had curtailed article submissions across the board in the last year or so leading up to panda.

This was mostly because I wanted a wider footprint of backlinks and also I felt that it made more sense to place content on sites where I could monetize it in addition to building backlinks.

As far as article submission sites go, I never really felt that chasing Google pagerank was the right path for me, so that was not a huge factor in choosing sites.

What I did look for in article sites was a user-friendly submission process, a likelihood of articles achieving high search engine rankings, and a flow of traffic from articles to sites that were linked in the body or resource box.

Sites that I EXCLUDED for the above reasons included a few of the bigger names, mostly due to approval issues or rudeness by staff.

Some of the article sites that I thought were exceptional values BEFORE panda include:

I may be publishing to some of these again. Since panda, I have only been using articlesbase.com

I am hoping this thread might give us some clues as to which sites may good candidates in the coming months.

1. Garrett Mickley profile image81
      Garrett Mickleyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I also use articlebase,, goarticles, and squidoo.  That's it for now.  I'll check these other ones out, though.

I'm still using Ezine though, because it takes me less than 5 minutes to drop the article in.  If they approve, fine, if not, I delete it and move on.

Edit: however ezine's nowhere to be seen in the SERPS anymore so it's strictly for backlinks.

6. LuisEGonzalez profile image82
    LuisEGonzalezposted 5 years ago

I used to post on Ezines and was getting a lot of traffic from them. However it is my understanding that we can no longer post articles at Hubpages and on Ezines (duplicate content). Has this changed?

That's been eZine and Hubpages' policies since day 1

7. LuisEGonzalez profile image82
    LuisEGonzalezposted 5 years ago

Sorry but I don't think so, I stopped publishing on Ezine about two months ago when new rules were posted by HP, before then it was not an issue. Wish I could remember when or where I read them but I remember the specifics, especially because one of my articles was moderated due to it being in both places.

8. Eleanor's Words profile image85
    Eleanor's Wordsposted 5 years ago

You used to be able to publish duplicate content on hubpages, providing that it was your own work. Duplicate work copied from others was always banned. Now, however, you can do neither.

I was unaware Hubpages allowed duplicate content at one time.  As far as I know, ezine never allowed it, but I guess I could be wrong.

I've always known duplicate content to be bad so maybe that's why, in my head, I thought it wasn't allowed.  It never should have been allowed.

9. viryabo profile image86
    viryaboposted 5 years ago

I don't ever remember it being allowed in both places.