jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

red "duplicate" in my hub

1. jLou03 profile image60
    jLou03posted 5 years ago

I would like to know why there is a red "duplicate" word, what does it indicate?

It is actually a foreword of my saved novel, where it would be like a table of content.

Check this picture if you want to know exactly what i mean:
    http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu18 … licate.jpg

1. sofs profile image89
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Jlou as the titles appear to be the same the filters may be tripping it up for duplicate content. Write to team@hubpages.com and explain this to them. But are you sure that this is not published by you anywhere else on the internet??
      Even if this is your book it will be labeled as dupilicate if it is already there on the internet.

2. carpesomediem profile image60
    carpesomediemposted 5 years ago

If you published both of them and then deleted the one, it will flag as duplicate until the one that was deleted is actually gone from the server.  I would e-mail team@hubpages.com and let them know if that's the case.  They may be able to manually delete the duplicate flag for you.

3. classicalgeek profile image88
    classicalgeekposted 5 years ago

I just had this issue with stolen content, and after sending a dozen DMCA takedown notices, and telling the HP staff where they could find my original content archived (it was removed from the original site), they very kindly removed the duplicate flag for me manually. Now if anyone knows a great intellectual property lawyer in Iran, I'd be very appreciative of the referral . . . that and a forum in the Netherlands are the only sites remaining that have not removed my content, although Yahoo! UK don't seem to be able to read their own form and it took several rounds of emails to convince them that someone had posted my content to their "answers" page.

So if you can convince HP that yours is the original (having the dated web snapshot helps), and the original is gone, they will speedily remove the duplicate flag!

1. GoingOnline profile image61
      GoingOnlineposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If they are using Google ads, try reporting them to Google themselves. The fear of having your Google AdSense account removed often encourages people to stop being stupid about stealing copyright.

If they are not using ads of any sort, try with their ISP.

4. jLou03 profile image60
    jLou03posted 5 years ago

I dunno, but i guess some people have stolen my prologue portion. I've tried to publish the prologue before (but not in HP).

Anyway, thanks guys!