jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)

New to HubPages

1. Jim Lesses profile image61
    Jim Lessesposted 5 years ago

Hi Folks,

I've just joined HubPages and can be found at http://jimlesses.hubpages.com/ where my Compleat Travel hub has just gone live.

Since my (semi)-retirement a couple of years ago, I have renewed my love for travel and writing and I am looking for ways to combine both interests in a mutually satisfying way. I am hoping that HP is the site I have been looking for, having tried several other options.

Over the next days and weeks I hope to add a heap of new posts/hubs to my little corner of HP, and I invite you to drop by and check out my musings.

I'm also looking forward to making contact with fellow travel writers on HP, so feel free to stop by and introduce yourself.

Regards,

Jim

1. sofs profile image86
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to Hubpages JIm,
      When we click on your name it is linked to your profile page .. so that link was not necessary.
      But you may want  to know that your thread maybe considered self-promotion.
      When you start a thread you  you would find a box appearing to you left which says the follows -
      Please note that forum posts that promote your own Hub will be deleted and may result in the closing of your HubPages account. Do not start threads for the sole purpose of promotion or posting links. Please use the Forums in the spirit of community! forum rules.

This is another warning that appears here..

Advertising and promotional posts in the forums will be deleted and may result in the closing of your HubPages account. Signatures are also prohibited.

Please read the FAQ  to understand the way HP works.
      Best wishes to you.

2. Jim Lesses profile image61
      Jim Lessesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the feedback. I've only added two hub pages and I've already had a problem with one of them because it has appeared on another site with pretty much the same content.

Hopefully, I will be able to get my head around the ins and outs of HP before I get myself kicked off :-(

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. Checking out the learning center now :-)

1. Cagsil profile image60
            Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome. smile

2. GmaGoldie profile image87
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

My travel hubs have done very well. If I were to make a change here, with perfect 20/20 vision, I would have concentrated upon travel.

Best of luck to you and WELCOME!

Thanks for the welcome. I've checked some of your health and wellbeing hubs and found the one about knees very useful since I've been having problems with mine recently. As a senior traveler, I'm very conscious of the fact that I am not going to be able to make the most of the travel experience if I can't get out and about and walk!

3. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages! smile

4. Rosie2010 profile image83
    Rosie2010posted 5 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages, Jim!  I don't do travel hubs but it is definitely a very interesting topic to write about and earnings potential is very good, too.  Hubpages is a great site and the community is very helpful and friendly.  I wish you all the best here on Hubpages.  Cheers!

5. asktheexperts profile image61
    asktheexpertsposted 5 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages Jim.  We're kind of new to the HP game as well and have loved it so far.  Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

6. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 5 years ago

Welcome to HubPages! Happy retirement! big_smile

7. Rehana Stormme profile image94
    Rehana Stormmeposted 5 years ago

Welcome to HP, Jim!! Glad to have you here smile

8. Pearldiver profile image88
    Pearldiverposted 5 years ago

Welcome to here...

Looking forward to reading your Astral Traveling Tips big_smile

working