jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Hub has high traffic, but score is lowering

1. David 470 profile image87
    David 470posted 5 years ago

I understand it's possible to have a hub that gets pretty good traffic and have the score be lower, but this does not make sense.

The hub is at 69 and receives over 100 views and already has 30 comments or so. I will admit that this hub is more like a blog entry, but not quite.

Is there something that I could of done wrong to the hub for it to keep plunging in score?

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My hubs in the 90's are getting 82, 60, 37 and 29 views .

Hubs getting 100+ views are in the lower 80's

There may be a correlation between views and score, but if so it a low value one.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

What is the traffic per day?  Other thing to look at would be length, whether you accidentally put too many links to one site etc. Perhaps post it to the feedback forum?

3. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

I must admit I automatically sort my hubs by weekly traffic, I wish I could use that as a default. Traffic and CPM is what I care about.

4. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 5 years ago

You've simultaneously stated that the content is sort of weak and yet insisted that couldn't possibly be the reason for a lower score.  I think that actually sounds like the most plausible reason.

Why don't you determine what the hub visitors would find more useful compared to the current blog-like content and then improve the hub?

5. Maddie Ruud profile image82
    Maddie Ruudposted 5 years ago

Score does not depend solely on traffic.  There are many factors, including how much of that traffic comes from outside of HubPages.  I suspect, it it is blog-like content, most of your traffic is internal.

6. David 470 profile image87
    David 470posted 5 years ago

Thanks for the reply guys. The funny thing is, the traffic is from outside HubPages, it is google traffic. It was receiving a few hundred hits a day.

The article is more of a blog entry, however, it is informational as well. More like a hybrid between article and blog.

7. Richieb799 profile image66
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

My best hub usually sits around 69 hubscore but gets 1000 views a day lol

1. David 470 profile image87
      David 470posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Whoa lol.

working