jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Fire in locality happening right now

1. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

4am and the dogs were barking so I looked out to tell them to shut up, when I saw a huge pall of orange smoke rise at the edge of town.
    Then at 4,30am the Guardia drove past - ambled more like - no hurry lads the fire is almost out.
    Then a car was despatched to sit on a corner at the edge of town with its hazards on.
    Then the bomberos arrived, 2 trucks and the car led them to the fire. Then a third fire engine turned up, but I think the fire has spread to the campo now so that'll keep them busy for a while. Lots of smoke, no orange.
    Will find out tomorrow but hope no-one was injured.

1. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Wow! That's terrible!
      Today I heard on the radio that the Atlanta, Georgia's fire department will start training prison inmates to put out fires. It's crazy! There won't be any guards while they work along with the fire fighters. In fact, the fire fighters will be responsible for the prisoners. Makes no sense to me! roll

1. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

and wow! that's terrible! There is no way prisoners should be out there putting out fires - as if a fire-fighter's job isn't hard enough without that added responisibility.

I think the fire is out now (5am). Still a pall of smoke and a fire support vehicle just went past, but no ambulances, thank God.

2. habee profile image90
        habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Camden County, in extreme southeast GA is considering that. Every Georgian I've spoken to is against it!

1. profile image0
          klarawieckposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's crazy, right? I mean... as if fire fighters didn't have enough to worry about already considering the work they have to do!

2. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

The fire was in the river bed which has dried out over the summer, so no injuries thankfully.

working