jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

I'm considering buying Amazon's Kindle Fire. Would you recommend it?

1. FaithDream profile image77
    FaithDreamposted 6 years ago

I'm considering buying Amazon's Kindle Fire. Would you recommend it?

2. vinner profile image77
    vinnerposted 6 years ago

Surely it is one of the most fabulous devices available in the market. Above all it is running on android and has cloud support

3. Crewman6 profile image73
    Crewman6posted 6 years ago

I absolutely love mine.  You can think of it as a low-end ipod... or an ebook reader on steroids.  With a fixed amount of 8gb ram, no camera and no mic, you have to decide what features you need.  Amazon's Silk is a decent internet browser.  The colors are vibrant and the viewing angle extremely good.  I've been waiting for years for a Kindle with touch features and a backlit screen.
    I enjoy watching movies on it (Netflix), reading ebooks, checking my online projects, and playing games.  My wife and I keep a running game of Words with Friends going. 
    With a bit of work, you can root it and install the Android Market, which really opens up your options. 
    For me, the one weakness (and this is an odd one) is the version of Kindle installed.  It seems to be basically Kindle for Android... which is missing features the dedicated Kindles have, like setting up Collections.  I solved that by installing Aldiko.  Go Books is also a good alternative. 
    Sorry this got a bit long, but I'm very enthusiastic about my Fire!  It's exactlly what I wanted it to be.

4. christopher9882 profile image75
    christopher9882posted 6 years ago

It depends on what you would be using it for? What is the sole purpose for you wanting the tablet?

5. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I think the illumination of the screen makes long term reading uncomfortable and hard on the eyes. I believe the regular Kindle is better on the eyes.  I purchased a NOOK color, can't recall what it is called - and sent it back because the illumination of the screen could not be changed.  Too bright on the old eyeballs.

I also think if you can spend the money, an iPad has all the Kindle has plus so much more - sort of a one stop shop for internet, entertainment and some computing.

6. ShootersCenter profile image72
    ShootersCenterposted 6 years ago

It has tons of apps, great support, from a company on the rise, everything thing about it has been great for a third of what an Ipad cost. Love it.

7. sashas89 profile image68
    sashas89posted 6 years ago

No.

Reviews from all major tech writers like MG Siegler and Marco Arment have been negative.

I've tried it out and haven't been impressed.

For pure reading, the regular Kindle works great. Else, save for an iPad.

8. FaithDream profile image77
    FaithDreamposted 6 years ago

Thanks for all your feedback. I read several hubs & reviews then decided to go out and buy it. I'm having fun with it. I like the features and apps that are available on it.
    I have the original kindle but never liked it because it didn't have a back light. I also like having the enhanced color and web availability. So far, I just got it today, I'm liking it.
    Thanks everyone. I do appreciate all your feedback!

9. Maddambutterfly profile image83
    Maddambutterflyposted 6 years ago

OMG....YES...YES...and HELL YES!!!! AWESOME! can't live without mine!

10. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image98
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 6 years ago

I can't speak for the Kindle Fire, but I do agree the iPad offers some features you might also want. And there's a Kindle App you can download. I know there's a price difference, but you can probably get a good deal on a used first-generation iPad.  I love having the Internet handy - I read email on it, do simple things on HubPages and I've even shopped on it. Either way, do get an ereader as soon as you can; you'll love it!

11. panther85 profile image57
    panther85posted 4 years ago

yes i reccomend it to buy....visit here for more on amazon kindle fire....Amazon kindle fire Amazon Kindle Fire http://techmozilla.com/amazon-kindle-fire/

working