jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

First Hub feedback, please.

1. Failuretosuccess profile image83
    Failuretosuccessposted 5 years ago

Hello Hubbers!

I'm new to the site and have created my first Hub. I would appreciate your thoughts on content, delivery, etc...

I love to write so I expect to be publishing more soon. One of the things I've struggled with is trying to get some SEO value out of my articles without totally destroying the content; I really do want to provide beneficial information to the reader.

Any thoughts, advice, or even the harshest criticism you can level, will be appreciated! smile

http://failuretosuccess.hubpages.com/hu … to-success

1. prairieprincess profile image96
      prairieprincessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This is a nice first hub. The content is great and very encouraging. I agree with the others in saying that it needs to be broken up a lot more. Break up the content into at least four text capsules instead of just two, and have headings for every capsule.

You also could do with a couple of  more images or videos. A tasteful picture of someone in pajama pants might be funny.

Your survey is a nice touch, though, and as I said, the content itself is great! Welcome to Hubpages.

1. Failuretosuccess profile image83
        Failuretosuccessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Great ideas! I can see now that it needs to be divided up in to sections, and that adding more visuals would help make it appealing. This awesome feedback from you guys is nice and much appreciated.

2. Cagsil profile image85
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages! smile

It has good length. It seems it could used a few more keywords.

I'll give you the same advice I give everyone else-

Read the FAQ's page and visit the Learning Center. Both can be helpful.

3. MikeNV profile image76
    MikeNVposted 5 years ago

I looked at it but didn't read it. Plugging your own hubs in the Forums regardless of intent is against the rules.

Highlighting a first letter may look good in print in a book when it's done properly but it look amateurish here.  Use bold to bring out important points and use more heading and sub headings.  People don't read they scan.

Many hub writers take the time to write long hubs then fail to use headings to make them more readable.

1. Cagsil profile image85
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey Mike, it's perfectly fine to display hubs in the Extreme Hub Makeover forum thread, which this is.

When you learn the rules, then come back and say something.

4. Failuretosuccess profile image83
    Failuretosuccessposted 5 years ago

Thanks Cagsil for the reply and links. I've been hitting the FAQs pages but there's a lot to learn here. I plugged Failure to Success a lot in the article since it's my main SEO keyword and website title, and was afraid to lean too much on other words. I'll study some of the top Hubs and see how they've distributed their Keywords.

Mike, I wouldn't have posted a link here and asked for feedback had HubPages not solicited me to. smile After I posted my Hub there was a link suggesting newbies publish their first Hub here in this specific forum (even making sure to point out that I should post a link to the Hub) asking for input. But thanks for the other critique. I highlighted the first letter of each paragraph because it's the answer to the problem of home business success- WORKING. I'll consider amending it though; I don't care to look amateurish.

1. Cagsil profile image85
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome. smile