jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Duplicate content

1. Chuck Bluestein profile image87
    Chuck Bluesteinposted 5 years ago

I put up 20 hubs without any problem. Then I put one up and it had the warning about duplicate content. I took off all the quotes and I still had that warning. So I submitted it to be looked at.

I want to know that if after you edit it and try to publish it, does what was on it BEFORE cause it to not be published automatically. Like if you edit it and change everything will it still get the warning because of what was on it before.

I will go back to hubs and add more information. If this gets approved and published and I want to add more, will it always have to be approved of because it originally had a problem?

Also could the topic be causing a problem. The word in the title and what it is about is not in data banks for checking spelling. It is about sangre de drago that is known in English as dragon's blood. Also it talks about OPCs that are in it and taspin that is in it.

1. sofs profile image87
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

When  you hub has been moderated the mods go through it manually before republishing it.
      The warnings come up as the words trip the automatic filter, so if you add fresh content which trips the filters the hub may be unpublished... so make sure that you avoid such words, find alternatives to put in their place before you re-publish them.

1. Chuck Bluestein profile image87
        Chuck Bluesteinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Are you saying that I should avoid sangre de drago and dragons blood? Those are the keywords.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

As mentioned above, you say under "warning" until the hub is manually reviewed by a staff member.

3. whoisbid profile image72
    whoisbidposted 5 years ago

It is now a very common thing for filters used by websites who monitor for duplicate content to flag things that are original. I lost a ton of stuff on another Blog because of this. What you can do is use a duplicate content scanner to get an idea of how you should write. I wrote a hub about it if anyone is really that interested. It is all quite fascinating really.

4. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

If it is flagged for duplicate content, the problem is duplicate content, not keywords.

working