jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Should I delete my lowest hub?

1. SantaCruz profile image80
    SantaCruzposted 4 years ago

Most of my hubs are climbing quickly. The exception: I posted a well-written article about tofu for cats. I think it's being voted down because Americans don't like tofu :-). Should I leave this hub up? Is it lowering my overall score?

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Give it a couple years. Who knows?

2. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No-one is voting it down. Even if they did, that wouldn't matter if it is well-written.

It could just be that no-one is looking for tofu for cats. I must confess that I have never searched online for that specific term.

But you never know, a celebrity cat might die because his or her cat had tofu, or even be saved because of tofu.

Then you might find that hubs has 1000s of views.

So, if it is well-written, leave it in there. Even better, write a series of article about either cats or tofu to give yourself authority, interlink them all of course, and you never know, you may be surprised by the results smile

2. Max Dalton profile image78
    Max Daltonposted 4 years ago

If it's well written I wouldn't worry about it, but then again I don't know how the Hubscore works.

3. tammyswallow profile image92
    tammyswallowposted 4 years ago

I have hubs ranging from 100 to 68. My average score is 85. I deleted some of my less popular ones and it didn't change my score at all. Perhaps it will help in a few days..

1. IzzyM profile image87

Put the hubs back.

Hubberscore is a mystery, it can lower just if you follow too many people, or even if you follow too many people who have low scores, and it has no reflection on your writing ability.

I have seen people here with 100 scores who have trouble stringing a sentence together!

Tammy I have been 100 (not for a while I must admit) and my average hubscore never rises above 70 tops.

If your average is 85 you must be doing something right. Put the low scorers back, they are an internal attribute, and the search engines don't look at them.
      It is search traffic we want, not internal traffic (although I appreciate internal traffic too!)

4. SantaCruz profile image80
    SantaCruzposted 4 years ago

Thanks for the responses. My article started at 48 this morning & now it's 45 despite decent traffic and 3 comments. I know I shouldn't obsess! Just trying to understand how this all works.

1. IzzyM profile image87

You are so chancing it, lady. You posted here as if this was an old hub that wasn't doing too well, and it now turns out this is your latest hub.

I can see why now why after 2 years you have only made 4 forum posts all in.

You were waiting on the chance to fool us.

Well, I read it, wasn't impressed, very little effort went into it, unlike my forum post reply to you, thinking you were genuine.