jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

X Rated Hubs????

1. mary615 profile image94
    mary615posted 4 years ago

I have noticed lately more and more what I would call X-rated.  I don't think they are for general audiences.   Has HP become more liberal about the meaning of general audiences???  Anyone else noticed this?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image95
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 4 years ago

I've not noticed.  I'm probably too selective of what I actually look at here.  If the title doesn't "grab me" then I just don't read it.

Also, my hubs do sometimes feature some zingers, but I try to make them clever, and not overt F bombs, or whatever.

I do get really irritable sometimes with people in these forums and let fly a few.

3. 2uesday profile image90
    2uesdayposted 4 years ago

Mary I think some of the hubs you are seeing may be in need of flagging if they are of the types mentioned here -

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Mode … ol-Content

it has definitions of what is considered unsuitable for hubs.

mary615posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks 2uesday, I've checked those guidelines when I'd  Hub Hop because I didn't want to flag someone's Hub unnecessarily.   I probably flag too many, but I'll leave that up to the moderators.  Most of the ones I flag I don't consider x-rated, just over promotional, etc.  Some are so borderline, I don't flag.   Maybe I should flag those that I believe to be too explisite.

1. IzzyM profile image85
        IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

So long as I have have 3 medical hubs languishing there with adsense ads disabled, I flag anything remotely blue.

2. relache profile image87
        relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Flag the borderline stuff and let the moderators sort it out.  If the Hubs aren't really in violation, it's no harm, no foul.

4. CyclingFitness profile image92
    CyclingFitnessposted 4 years ago

Some of those more adult hubs might be allowed if they're within the guidelines and most will likely have ads disabled

5. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

Why not flag them?  If they are okay the hubstaff will just clear the flag.  No harm, no foul.

6. moonlake profile image89
    moonlakeposted 4 years ago

I've noticed a few hubs I thought shouldn't be on because of what I thought was also X-rated. I can't even get my horned toad hub on with adsense ads because they consider it x-rated I wonder how some of these hubs are getting by.

mary615posted 4 years ago in reply to this

What???? I wonder how they get by, too.