jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Monetizing the Answers Section

1. americababy profile image60
    americababyposted 4 years ago

There are some sites that have monetized their answer section.  It would be interesting if Hubpages tried to do the same thing.

I think the way they could do it would be to section off the answers into seperate mini-hubs and then allow hubbers the ability to control all their answers from their profile.

In this way they can expand on them.  Have a certain word count standard for an answer and also a voting process.

The one advantage is that the answers wouldn't have to look perfectly formatted and the expectation wouldn't be there from an audidence that read them for them to be totally professional.

1. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

A lot of the answer section is already quite vacuous, and monetizing that area would be like detonating a sewage plant.

If you want to monetize the answer section, you should write Hubs in response to questions instead of short answers, which is what that feature was intended to encourage in the first place.

1. Pcunix profile image89
        Pcunixposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Detonating a sewage plant smile

+1 and then some

2. lobobrandon profile image81
        lobobrandonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agree with relache and I liked the comparison. I'd say tongue if it happens.

Some sites monetized their answer section. So use them instead

2. American_Choices profile image83
    American_Choicesposted 4 years ago

I like this idea. Some of the answers are exceptional. I have seen technical questions answered with such precise verbiage that I have sat back in awe.

If I might suggest, perhaps the monetizing could be only on certain topics or categories? Or perhaps by vote. Some sights let us vote up the answer or the comment.

1. americababy profile image60
      americababyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agree that's how I was thinking about it.

3. Joelipoo profile image86
    Joelipooposted 4 years ago

They shouldn't monetize the question and answer section.  Some people already ask too many questions as it is.  The questions and answers are meant to help inspire hubs.  Use the infomation from this section to create high quality hubs and make money that way.

1. John Holden profile image61
      John Holdenposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I asked a question a week or so ago with the idea of harvesting the answers to generate input for a hub.
      Got two very unhelpful replies sad

4. cicsomum profile image59
    cicsomumposted 4 years ago

Nobody profits from this but hubpages