jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Help With Flickr Photos

1. William Gerace profile image79
    William Geraceposted 4 years ago

Hi all sorry to bother again. I know we are allowed to use Creative Commons as long as we attribute author on photos through Flickr from what I read here and I found photos that are legally free to use through this on Flickr but when I go to upload its telling me Flickr is blocking me from uploading the picture. I can't figure out why this is occurring or how to fix it. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it. I double checked and did the advanced search on Creative Commons for photos that are free to use as long as I attribute the author but I don't know what I'm doing wrong. If anyone can help me I appreciate it. Much thanks.

1. Bendo13 profile image86
      Bendo13posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Just download it to your computer first and upload it... I'm sure what you're seeing is them keeping you from hot-lnking to the image or keeping you from downloading it in a way other than how they have things set up.

So just click "actions" above the image, then "view all sizes" then on that page click "download the large size of this photo".

Then you can upload the image to HubPages that way and then delete it from your computer.

1. William Gerace profile image79
        William Geraceposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you very much.

1. Dale Hyde profile image88
          Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Bendo has it right, there, William.  You have to click like two additional times to get to the page you can copy the pic from.  It took me some time myself!  I use Flickr Creative Commons Licensing photos quite a bit myself. smile  A great source, and easy to attribute them to the one sharing.

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image93
    mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago

Only some photos on flickr are okay to use with attribution. I have never had the problem you have experienced, but I get my photos using this link (where I can choose to search flickr, creative commons, Google etc for free images). I click on the license details icon on the right to find out the details of the license to quote e.g. CC-BY etc.

I also use Morguefile which is a great source of photos.

http://morguefile.com/archive/browse/#/ … amp;lmt=24